video game music... on vinyl.

upon viewing that recent final fantasy thread... just thought i'd start this thread for those who have a passion for video games... and it's music on vinyl.

i recall asking bands such as minibosses and The Advantage many, many years ago..., and they're labels (respectively) if a vinyl release would ever see the light of day... they said "maybe". i've also read about a handful or so NES and Atari cover bands that just did it for they're own pleasure (no physical releases, though).

there are some indies and majors in Japan and in Europe that have released limited vinyl pressings of video game music on vinyl.

one of them i do own, which i purchased at Amoeba SF about 10 years ago...

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Input-64/release/27130

comments?

I wish there was a ton more videogame music on vinyl. I probably wouldn't listen to it much but it sets off my collector sensibilities.

I personally want this super badly:

HOLY SHIT

Parappa the Rapper on vinyl. With one of those cars that plays the vinyl by running around the grooves. So cool (although destructive).

Also I have this on a 7" record:

Super Mario Land

Best. Vinyl. Record. Ever.

EDIT: Also yeah, I have Bioshock 2 and Dreamcast Collection on vinyl.

I have the Machinarium soundtrack on vinyl because that game is amazing and the music is wonderful. I wanted to start collecting video game soundtracks on vinyl but realized it wasn't such a good idea since I don't like most of the available soundtracks on vinyl. And I didn't want to spend 80+ bucks to import the Final Fantasy records.

I have the Machinarium soundtrack on vinyl because that game is amazing and the music is wonderful. I wanted to start collecting video game soundtracks on vinyl but realized it wasn't such a good idea since I don't like most of the available soundtracks on vinyl. And I didn't want to spend 80+ bucks to import the Final Fantasy records.

I love Machinarium. I forgot they released the soundtrack on vinyl.

I love Machinarium. I forgot they released the soundtrack on vinyl.

If you're interested in importing it, it was just repressed.

http://www.minorityrecords.com/store/