Is Hobo W/ a Shotgun getting a full release?

I know the director, haha. Was filmed here and everything.

I saw it. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely worth seeing, and totally entertaining.. But I was expecting more. It's really cool that a local film got the hype that it did, and all. But the dialogue was atrocious. Cringe worthy at some parts. Maybe it was intentionally bad, but honestly went a bit overboard. I feel like they were trying to go for cheesy-hilarious horror in the vein of Evil Dead and things like that, but they didn't didn't do it incredibly well.

Again, worth watching. But I probably wouldn't see it again. Of course, this is a very unpopular opinion to have in Halifax. I get the cold shoulder from every hipster in the city just because I didn't think it was the Messiah of film.

I feel like they were trying to go for cheesy-hilarious horror in the vein of Evil Dead and things like that.

isn't this part of the grindhouse series?

pretty sure hobo with a shotgun was one of the omited fake trailers, that the director ran with anyway.

that being said, go see planet terror, death proof, or machete and you'll understand.

isn't this part of the grindhouse series?

pretty sure hobo with a shotgun was one of the omited fake trailers, that the director ran with anyway.

that being said, go see planet terror, death proof, or machete and you'll understand.

I don't think it's part of the series. Jason made the trailer and I'm pretty sure he won that contest, so he got to meet Tarantino and Rodriguez. Somewhere along the line he said "if these guys liked it so much, why can't we make it a full movie?" So that's what they've been doing the past few years.

Trust me, I know what they were going for and everything, I just personally think that they missed the mark.

And like I said, it's a very unpopular opinion for me to have. If someone legitimately liked the movie, that's fine and I respect that. I just think that most people around here went in to the movie pre-loving it (if that makes sense).

• 2 months later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':gkmribwj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':gkmribwj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I am so glad I didn't try to see this in theaters. It is much better to have watched it for free on Netflix. It was AWFUL (I guess that's what they were going for?). I stopped it about halfway through and put on a much, much better movie North Face (though they really aren't comparable).