Hang up records on wall?

Or you can get a canvass the size of a LP cover and paint the cover. My lady's done a few of those. Those look much better.

yeah, because everyone can just pick up a brush and knock out a quick replica of an album cover..

much better.

Never said it was quick. It was a simple idea. But hey its not for everyone....

You gotta trace it first anyway. Obviously it takes some skill. If done right in the end it is much better.

yeah, because everyone can just pick up a brush and knock out a quick replica of an album cover..

much better.

I was kind of thinking the same thing...I know someone I could pay to do it, but not worth it. But my drawing capabilities stop at stick figures, and I don't think I've ever tried painting anything in my life. Also, what is the clip in your sig?

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=462051

???
Also, what is the clip in your sig?

SRSLY? A better question might be why is your sn brandnew?

haha...figured I might get some unnecessary hate for that...I asked because I thought it was BN. I read about that, but never saw any images of the incident. And It looked like it might be lacey, but I really thought it could have been anyone, tbh.

EDIT: Also, my sn is brandnew because I love their music. I don't think there needs to be a correlation between the love for a band's music and the knowledge of things that happen at shows that I don't attend...if that makes any sense at all.

I love framing my autographed records. I use the Michael's double album frames so I can see the record itself. I like matching backgrounds to make it pop.

Last time I went to Michael's the double frame was $19.99 but was 40% off which made it $11.99 plus I had a 40% off coupon which made it $7.19

Some of my frame jobs:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

matching your backgrounds does the exact opposite of making them pop.

it would work way better if you used another quiet color from the album art. that provides some contrast against the record, while bringing out the other color from the cover.

it would work way better if you used another quiet color from the album art. that provides some contrast against the record, while bringing out the other color from the cover.

Thanks for the advice. What would you do for the ones that are colored by clear? For example the BTBAM I wanted the background to be blue but orange where the record was. I tried cutting a circular shape into a blue posterboard with an exacto knife but I couldn't without it being so close to the edge that it tore.

Thanks for the advice. What would you do for the ones that are colored by clear? For example the BTBAM I wanted the background to be blue but orange where the record was. I tried cutting a circular shape into a blue posterboard with an exacto knife but I couldn't without it being so close to the edge that it tore.

You may have to get something a little larger so you have more room to work with on the sides. Then once you cut your circle you can cut the sides, they'll be less likely to tear this way.

Look around Michaels or Hobby lobby for a circle cutting kit. OR you could have them cut it for you with a matte cutter, it will cost you but your result will likely be much better. OR tie a string to your exacto knife (long enough that it will go around the size of record) , anchor it down at your center point and just keep going in circles until your circle is cut.

The trick to exacto cutting is always use a sharp blade, and to do lots of light cuts rather than a few heavy handed ones. And for your color stuff, check out a color wheel.