Hang up records on wall?

I had a record wall in my dorm, but it was a grid of giant black snap together sleeves, so it looked kinda tacky. But now that I'm back home, I'm already missing seeing my favorite albums every day--they're all shelved up now. Anybody have any tips on a relatively cheap way to set up a wall of records where the covers can be displayed? Thanks for any help!

Personally I am not a fan of framed records, however if you're gonna do it Urban Outfitters (and other similar retailers) usually carry some fairly decent and inexpensive record album frames. The ones I've seen there in the past were black, metal frames with glass fronts.

They run $20 bucks or so.

Personally I am not a fan of framed records, however if you're gonna do it Urban Outfitters (and other similar retailers) usually carry some fairly decent and inexpensive record album frames. The ones I've seen there in the past were black, metal frames with glass fronts.

Michaels carries similar ones for $5-10 depending on their sales and coupons.

But more importantly, listen to your damn records.

haha...relax, I still listen to the records. I was wondering if I was going to get a comment like that. Thanks for the Michael's tip, though! Even at $7 a piece, that can get pricey...hell, I could buy 10 more records instead of 20 of those "recordsonwalls" things.

And I don't want individual frames...that would be way too much for a full wall (20+ records all together).

But more importantly, listen to your damn records.

Michaels carries similar ones for $5-10 depending on their sales and coupons.

The ones from Michaels aren't bad, especially for the price. You can always keep the record out of the frame and just put the jacket in the frame.

You can hang the covers on the wall and keep the vinyl in a sleeve so you can still listen to it. I love seeing people on this board getting all bent outta shape over people hanging LP covers on their wall. Not refering to anyone in this thread yet but you all know its coming :)

This. I'll be a lot more likely to listen to an album if I see it hanging on my wall than if only the spine is visible among 100 others on a shelf. No offense, but just clarifying for those who care. But also, I don't have any problem with people who just collect and don't listen--it's not the most convenient thing ever.

And I don't want individual frames...that would be way too much for a full wall (20+ records all together).

Dude, easy then, goto Home Depot or Lowe's or whatever place, buy a 20 foot + strip of wood with a notch in it, rest your records in the notch and have them lean back against the wall

I'll have to experiment with this...thanks for the advice, everyone! +1 for VC, I'm loving this forum.

I'm seeing a lot about these michael's frames...they aren't those gigantic behind glass things, are they? Because I've seen those, and that's a little too bulky/detracting for me. I want it to be as minimal as possible.

Dude, they're basically the size of the album, not bulky at all. My Michaels had these 50% off a few days ago.

20 records on a wall sounds brutal.

i got 2/$20 at urban.. been great for me. and i usually reserve them for variants/records that dont play well.

Or you can get a canvass the size of a LP cover and paint the cover. My lady's done a few of those. Those look much better.

yeah, because everyone can just pick up a brush and knock out a quick replica of an album cover..

much better.

Or you can get a canvass the size of a LP cover and paint the cover. My lady's done a few of those. Those look much better.

yeah, because everyone can just pick up a brush and knock out a quick replica of an album cover..

much better.

I was kind of thinking the same thing...I know someone I could pay to do it, but not worth it. But my drawing capabilities stop at stick figures, and I don't think I've ever tried painting anything in my life. Also, what is the clip in your sig?