another ebay question

seems simple but I cant find the answer

sold a record on ebay, it was about 45 bucks, I shipped it as normal and it looks like USPS has lost the package, I have a tracking number and nothing has happened to it since I sent out the package, no updates, it was sent first class and estimated delivery day was the 23rd, I think its safe to say somethings up

who is ebay going to side with on this?? I know the dude is fucked , but in the same sense I did what I was supposed to do, its not my fault the usps fucked up

i hope for your sake im wrong but im fairly certain that paypal's terms are defined as "proof of delivery" in order to be protected as a seller. meaning, if your DC shows that it was scanned in and received but never delivered - they are going to side w/ the buyer. also - how was it sent and where is it going? another thing about DC is that the PO i dont believe is required to scan it any point until its actually delivered. so if it was misrouted (which has happened to me a few times) or maybe sitting in the back somewhere - you'd never know it.

edit: disregard asking how it was sent. i dont know - i didnt even know usps would estimate delivery times.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting fucked by ebay right now as well. I sold an iphone to someone in russia, and 45 days later, with no mention of anything I have a claim for $300. Have the customs number, says it was accepted, and have done everything to prove I shipped it. The buyer has been completely unresponsive, even failing to go to their post office to see if its in customs (since I declared it for all it was worth). I shouldn't lose this case, but can't help feeling like ebay will always side with the buyer no matter what.

I'm getting fucked by ebay right now as well. I sold an iphone to someone in russia, and 45 days later, with no mention of anything I have a claim for $300. Have the customs number, says it was accepted, and have done everything to prove I shipped it. The buyer has been completely unresponsive, even failing to go to their post office to see if its in customs (since I declared it for all it was worth). I shouldn't lose this case, but can't help feeling like ebay will always side with the buyer no matter what.

Same thing sorta happend to me, I sold my iphone on ebay, 20 seconds later some guy in nigerea bought it and wanted to ship to some random place that wasnt on any map or could be verified. He didnt respond to any emails and I had to wait 6-7 days for the order to be canceled. I was pretty pissed that some scammer was wasting my time

• 2 years later...

Going through this now. It's really shitty that eBay will side with the buyer, and I lose both my product and money, when I did exactly what I was supposed to do.

Sold a couple DVDs on August 19th.

Shipped USPS with tracking, and last tracking information is:

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Aug-22-13, 02:15 AM, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

I get that the buyer is upset, I would be too. But I don't see how eBay justifies a full refund.

eBay Customer Support comments:
"eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

I am amazed by this. Was not expecting eBay to cover the refund.

eBay Customer Support comments:
"eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

I am amazed by this. Was not expecting eBay to cover the refund.

Congrats.  This entire thread reminds me why I'm so hesitant to sell anything on E-Bay, especially after the feedback system changed.