Support for Sum 41 Pressing

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said half their songs have metal riffs, not that the band is 50% metal. That was obviously an exaggeration, however a lot of songs on their 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th albums have an obvious metal influence. Have you listened to "The Bitter End"? Yeah that's definitely a pop song, moron.

If you read up about them they will list that they're greatly influenced by the metal genre but they don't just write metal music, they use the influence to give a different spin on pop punk and rock music that they write. Hell they even play Metallica covers at their shows.

Because they do a metal cover doesn't mean shit. Your Heros ex-wife did a cover of chop suey, Madonna played a slayer song, celene dion covered acdc.

Know that you're an over enthusiastic fanboy, and move on. Your opinion is biased because of your irrational love for such a shit band.

And you're just an over enthusiastic hater that has no idea whatsoever. You've probably listened to 1 of them albums in full once, and a couple songs from the others. You need to fuck right off until you have a full opinion. It's obvious you don't.

Because they do a metal cover doesn't mean shit. Your Heros ex-wife did a cover of chop suey, Madonna played a slayer song, celene dion covered acdc.

Know that you're an over enthusiastic fanboy, and move on. Your opinion is biased because of your irrational love for such a shit band.

And you're just an over enthusiastic hater that has no idea whatsoever. You've probably listened to 1 of them albums in full once, and a couple songs from the others. You need to fuck right off until you have a full opinion. It's obvious you don't.

[image]

You've probably listened to 1 of them albums in full once...

[image]

You've probably listened to 1 of them albums in full once...

Yes.

wow, you're so cool, I would love to hear what you're listening to these days. kiddie music? have you ever listened to anything blink before Enema? yes, like in any music scene there are bad bands and good bands, simple plan, good charlotte etc were the ones giving pop-punk a bad name in the early 2000s.

most disagree with her on this board, but it was a solid post. most of those bands are kiddie music nowadays to the mtv punk generation.

Your basic knowledge is based only on the mainstream. You're only naming mainstream pop-punk but the scene was much more than those bands you saw on MTV. Like it or not Blink 182 is probably the most influential pop-punk band of the last decade. "Kiddie music nowadays"? that's your opinion not a fact.

most disagree with her on this board, but it was a solid post. most of those bands are kiddie music nowadays to the mtv punk generation.

Your basic knowledge is based only on the mainstream. You're only naming mainstream pop-punk but the scene was much more than those bands you saw on MTV. Like it or not Blink 182 is probably the most influential pop-punk band of the last decade. "Kiddie music nowadays"? that's your opinion not a fact.

Oh man, you've really done it now. I can hear panties bunching right now.

This thread has become more entertaining than the Blink 182 threads.

I think Blink and Sum 41 sound exactly alike. We should discuss this.

69 - Do you see the similarities between Blink 182 and Sum 41? I mean, their names even sound the same.

seriously? because they play the same style of music obviously...

for example, I also think all metal bands are boring and all sound the same but that's because I don't give a shit about metal.

I remember when I first heard Sum 182. I said, "Self, why does this sound like Blink 41?"

Isn't Blink the metal one?

Yeah, they covered My Sharona on TRL once.

Oh yeah! I saw that. I remember hearing a story about how they almost didn't get to play because security wouldn't let them in. Something about them looking like 12 year olds.