Breaking Bad Season 4

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. The tension early on in this show was incredible. I feel as if they can only go for so long before it just gets played out. It would be good for them to wrap things up before things go downhilll.

Now if only the creative forces behind Dexter thought the same way...

as for dexter, there was no way in hell that you could top season 2. miguel prado made season 3 a fucking laugh riot and john lithgow playing a bad guy, calling his daughter a "stupid fuck cunt" was pretty groutrageous. stopped watching after season 4. i also thought the office was trash after season 2.

the wire only ran for five seasons and that show was PERFECT. i hope mad men wraps up soon, too, even though i love it.

Agreed. The tension early on in this show was incredible. I feel as if they can only go for so long before it just gets played out. It would be good for them to wrap things up before things go downhilll.

as for dexter, there was no way in hell that you could top season 2. miguel prado made season 3 a fucking laugh riot and john lithgow playing a bad guy, calling his daughter a "stupid fuck cunt" was pretty groutrageous. stopped watching after season 4. i also thought the office was trash after season 2.

the wire only ran for five seasons and that show was PERFECT. i hope mad men wraps up soon, too, even though i love it.

fucking goddamn, trinity killer, loved every second of season 4

fucking goddamn, trinity killer, loved every second of season 4

I'm getting a bit fed up with Jesse's shit. He gets in the way with everything more than he helps. He'll have his shit together for a while than completely derail and need Walt to take the wheel for them both.

No Walt Jr. until episode 4? Lol

i kind of get what youre saying about the way jesse is acting. however, you have to understand that that is how he is mourning. his surrounds himself with anyone, and cant stop feeling alone. alone is an inner turmoil ya know, its not just being in a room by yourself. i sort of relate to it but not to his extent. he has an amazing inner struggle going on right now, and i believe he is acting accordingly. the only thing that will heal him is time so for now hes going to be a mess. the dude killed somebody 100% innocent in save walt, who doesnt really give a shit about him, as displayed in the hallway scene, walt is on his back too.

I'm getting a bit fed up with Jesse's shit. He gets in the way with everything more than he helps. He'll have his shit together for a while than completely derail and need Walt to take the wheel for them both.

i kind of get what youre saying about the way jesse is acting. however, you have to understand that that is how he is mourning. his surrounds himself with anyone, and cant stop feeling alone. alone is an inner turmoil ya know, its not just being in a room by yourself. i sort of relate to it but not to his extent. he has an amazing inner struggle going on right now, and i believe he is acting accordingly. the only thing that will heal him is time so for now hes going to be a mess. the dude killed somebody 100% innocent in save walt, who doesnt really give a shit about him, as displayed in the hallway scene, walt is on his back too.

To be fair, he killed Gale to save himself too. I disagree that Walt doesn't care about him, he saved him several times last season. At this point he's getting fed up and trying everything "tough love". I think if you look at the big picture from where Jesse's character started it's all gotten to be too much for him. He was a low level dealer/cook who was happy enough making the little bit of money he has, now become a millionaire with no one to share it with but the dregs of society. He's surrounding himself with those lesser than him to help dull the pain, and it's not working, he's merely becoming one of them. I think it might be a comment on youth as well - this is a stretch, but if you look at the culture of celebrity, the crashing and burning of young stars and starlets - it's almost the same trajectory.

If, as the commercials say, Walt is becoming Scarface, Jesse is going the other way.

To be fair, he killed Gale to save himself too. I disagree that Walt doesn't care about him, he saved him several times last season. At this point he's getting fed up and trying everything "tough love". I think if you look at the big picture from where Jesse's character started it's all gotten to be too much for him. He was a low level dealer/cook who was happy enough making the little bit of money he has, now become a millionaire with no one to share it with but the dregs of society. He's surrounding himself with those lesser than him to help dull the pain, and it's not working, he's merely becoming one of them. I think it might be a comment on youth as well - this is a stretch, but if you look at the culture of celebrity, the crashing and burning of young stars and starlets - it's almost the same trajectory.

If, as the commercials say, Walt is becoming Scarface, Jesse is going the other way.

"Since when do vegans eat fried chicken?"

I loved this episode. It really made me like everyone again. Even though Hank is back to his old meddling DEA self, it's good to see him climb out of his depression. I like that Jesse and Mike are buddies now, even if it's all part of Gus' plan. Good good episode.

• 1 month later...

So yeah... haven't seen a post in this thread in a minute. Is everyone caught up with the show?

I was pretty bummed at the end of Episode 9. After everything Jesse and Walt have been through... for them to end their friendship like that? Just seemed like such of a downer. Although when has this show ever been uplifting? I feel bad for Jessie considering the situation he's in. Walt and Gus are essentially using him as a pawn to play their games.

Then there was the most recent episode (#10). Holy crap was that one heck of an ending. I'll hold back in case some people haven't seen it. They've only got 3 episodes left this season. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.