E3 Thread

Thoughts? Comments on coverage? I didn't watch any of it, but my friend told me about some of the highlights. PS3 pushing 3D gaming, new Vita handheld; XBox and ANOTHER Halo trilogy; Nintendo's new system and what not.

My thoughts are that Playstation definitely needs a new handheld and from what I read in GameInformer is that it sounds pretty cool. Making another Halo trilogy is cool, but I think that Microsoft relies too much on that franchise and should focus more on trying to bring Microsoft only games to the console. I'm excited to see what Nintendo will bring to the plate with its next console.

That and the trailer for the new Bioshock looks awesome

all i know about this is that my friend somehow got to go for free and he keeps tweeting about it with an E3 hashtag.

is this just..video game stuff?

Yeah. It's the Electronic Entertainment Expo. It's the premier expo for video games, but they also feature other stuff too (phones, gadgets, etc.).

Modern Warfare 3's campaign looked super rail-y, just like all the other games.

The new Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer looked pretty awesome, but I actually enjoyed XIII so that's probably why.

I'm not buying MW3 or BF3 the first day. I'll probably end up with MW3 since all friends will get it, but I'm in no rush like I was for MW2 or BO.

I love when videogame fans declare superiority amongst 2 unreleased products. Objectivity is like krypton.

figured i should expand on this.

BF3 looks amazing, but the console version will not look like that (which is all that matters to me), secondly quality MP balance, pace, replayability and sheer enjoyment matter more to me than Single Player campaign eyegasms. That is where this competition takes place, for the most part.

Because of that MW3 has a headstart but the title has near completely new production. Sledgehammer has never been expected to create a title like this, nor support one. The decion makers at IW have created Respawn and we have no idea what is left as a development team and support structure. If MW3 doesnt continually patch and rebalance its game a la DICE or Treyarch, they will do serious damage to the franchise.

Either way, Im totes gonna be playing that Halo CE HD remake. I dont think 343 can fuck it up that much, just give me a 3 shot pistol and let me hook up my old egg timer for Ovie and Camo.