DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, dawg! I can definitely tell when an LP sounds more fluid and when it sounds dry and shitty. At least, that's how I characterize the difference in the definition of the overall output. My original press of Jesus Lizard's Head sounds like its flowing beautifully out of the speakers like there's an aural lubrication on every instrument whereas some of my Red Sparowes records sound sort of dead and dry. I think the vinyl format can work wonders on the tone of a record if its pressed correctly and I can definitely tell the difference between the two extremes. I don't think that how much I paid for my turntables dictates my ability to recognize this spectrum of the overall tonality of a record.

Chew on that! ;)

Whatever, dawg! I can definitely tell when an LP sounds more fluid and when it sounds dry and shitty. At least, that's how I characterize the difference in the definition of the overall output. My original press of Jesus Lizard's Head sounds like its flowing beautifully out of the speakers like there's an aural lubrication on every instrument whereas some of my Red Sparowes records sound sort of dead and dry. I think the vinyl format can work wonders on the tone of a record if its pressed correctly and I can definitely tell the difference between the two extremes. I don't think that how much I paid for my turntables dictates my ability to recognize this spectrum of the overall tonality of a record.

Chew on that! ;)

Either way. You're attitude is uselessly negative. If you don't like the discussion two other people are having there's no need for you to come in and shit on it just because you paid too much for your turntable or whatever your motivation may be. Why would you let something like this upset you enough to have a tantrum like that?

Either way. You're attitude is uselessly negative. If you don't like the discussion two other people are having there's no need for you to come in and shit on it just because you paid too much for your turntable or whatever your motivation may be. Why would you let something like this upset you enough to have a tantrum like that?

tantrum? i didnt even type in caps. ;)

and seriously, saying i came in because i paid too much for my turntable? maybe you should save up and buy a decent player before you start spending so much on vinyl. otherwise, you will eventually be ruining your precious vinyl that you paid wayyyy too much for anyway. but seriously, i look forward to your great vinyl sell off in 1-5 years.

tantrum? i didnt even type in caps. ;)

and seriously, saying i came in because i paid too much for my turntable? maybe you should save up and buy a decent player before you start spending so much on vinyl. otherwise, you will eventually be ruining your precious vinyl that you paid wayyyy too much for anyway. but seriously, i look forward to your great vinyl sell off in 1-5 years.

I think the vinyl format can work wonders on the tone of a record if its pressed correctly and I can definitely tell the difference between the two extremes. I don't think that how much I paid for my turntables dictates my ability to recognize this spectrum of the overall tonality of a record.

Chew on that! ;)

Not sure if I want to live in this world anymore.

I don't know what bearing the cost of my collection or its longevity it my have in my possession has on anything we're discussing. I only mentioned turntable cost because you seem to be under the impression that the fidelity of my system is inferior to yours or just in general. It was retarded of me to even acknowledge such an asinine assertion in the first place. Me and danfury were discussing how we interpret the tone of our copies of the same record. What war you have to wage on our linguistic expression and terminology is beyond me. The whole thing is incredibly juvenile and troll-worthy so I'm not even going to engage in it any further unless you want participate in an actual discussion instead of wiping your ass with what we have to discuss. Its a vinyl message board. We're discussing vinyl.

I think the vinyl format can work wonders on the tone of a record if its pressed correctly and I can definitely tell the difference between the two extremes. I don't think that how much I paid for my turntables dictates my ability to recognize this spectrum of the overall tonality of a record.

Chew on that! ;)

Not sure if I want to live in this world anymore.