Metallica - St Anger 4 LP Orange Vinyl

Guest obzen

Everyone just hates this albums because it's cool. I'd imagine the majority of people that claim to hate it have never listened to it. It's way better than Load and Reload.

Just because one steaming pile of shit smells less bad that the two steaming piles of shit next to it does not mean that it still isn't a steaming pile of shit and that is exactly what every album after the Black Album was, a steaming pile of shit.

I actually mostly agree. I'd even go as far as to say the Black album mostly sucked. The hate for this album is just seriously overplayed. Everyone knocks the lyrics as if Metallica ever didn't have stupid lyrics. It's not an album I would call great at all, but I think it's fun, and I'd talk shit on Load and Reload any day before St. Anger, as those albums are truly lifeless and awful.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone just hates this albums because it's cool. I'd imagine the majority of people that claim to hate it have never listened to it. It's way better than Load and Reload.

listened to all 3. This album is still terrible. Might be the worst thing I've ever heard from any band of their "stature". Comparatively speaking, Death magnetic sucked too. I'm confused how this debate seems to come up all the time. Band hasn't released anything worthwhile in over two decades.

MEanwhile, Slayer continues to stick to what they're good at, not attempt to reinvent the wheel, and they put out records like Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood.

How can Slayer be so much better?

Metallica's best albums are better than Slayer's best, but Slayer definitely has been the more consistent band. However, Metallica are probably exponentially more wealthy than Slayer, so it's no wonder why they strayed off the path into butt rock.

Butt rock and $100 reissues of said butt rock albums.