Operation Ivy: Energy repress?

Couldn't find any prior thread about this, but I was at Thrillhouse (record store in San Francisco) and they had about 5 or 6 copies of this, with a note saying that it was recently repressed. I then went to Amoeba and saw copies there as well.

Did I somehow miss a thread about this on here or is this news to others too?

Couldn't find any prior thread about this, but I was at Thrillhouse (record store in San Francisco) and they had about 5 or 6 copies of this, with a note saying that it was recently repressed. I then went to Amoeba and saw copies there as well.

Did I somehow miss a thread about this on here or is this news to others too?

I wonder if they are bootlegs? I havent heard anything about a repress on this one.

How much was it?

If it had the CD cover and not the Energy cover and also says Hellcat Europe than it is a bootleg that came out a few years ago.

The Hellcat website shows a European Pressing, so I don't think its a bootleg:

http://www.hell-cat.com/artists/artist/221/Operation_Ivy

Discogs also shows the European Pressing:

http://www.discogs.com/Operation-Ivy-Energy/release/2655293

If it had the CD cover and not the Energy cover and also says Hellcat Europe than it is a bootleg that came out a few years ago.

The Hellcat website shows a European Pressing, so I don't think its a bootleg:

http://www.hell-cat.com/artists/artist/221/Operation_Ivy

Discogs also shows the European Pressing:

http://www.discogs.com/Operation-Ivy-Energy/release/2655293

Yes, there is a European pressing, but it is CD only. Which is why the LP hasn't been available in the Epitaph Euro store ever.

This release is 100% a bootleg, it is not legit at all.

A lot of San Fran record stores carry bootlegs, there is obviously a bootleg distributor somewhere in that area.

Where's Thrillhouse? Is it worth checking out? I've never been to that joint.

FORGET IT!!!

Thrillhouse has a ton of rad punk records, a lot of bootlegs if you're into that as well. However I have been there 7 times (between my two trips to San Fran), and all 7 times were within their open hours, and they were only open twice out of the 7 times. They are the most punk record store I have ever visited. Apparently they are non profit, and don't care about money at all...or care to let anyone in their store, I won't waste my time while I'm in SF to take a bus to go to a closed store again. forget it.

FORGET IT!!!

Thrillhouse has a ton of rad punk records, a lot of bootlegs if you're into that as well. However I have been there 7 times (between my two trips to San Fran), and all 7 times were within their open hours, and they were only open twice out of the 7 times. They are the most punk record store I have ever visited. Apparently they are non profit, and don't care about money at all...or care to let anyone in their store, I won't waste my time while I'm in SF to take a bus to go to a closed store again. forget it.

Used to have this same problem with my fav record store in Atlanta. Best selection/prices of punk stuff, but every time I went they were closed. The first time I got in there was when I was at a show next door at 2 AM and the owner was just spinning records next door. Like wtf dude - you're not going to sell much at 2 AM...