Northstar Reunion....maybe???

Northstar is from my hometown...literally started listening to this band on my 17th birthday, they still played a more hardcore style then, i guess in retrospect it was more emo-core/screamo/whatever the hell you wanna call it...but we didn't have hardcore bands in Huntsville, so that was hardcore to me.

at anyrate, there's a pretty wide-circulating rumor that they're getting back together or at minimum playing a reunion show...at this point it's here say and also been rumored it won't be the full classic line-up...my guess if that's the case Jake will be replaced with Sean on bass, but I could be waaaay off.

here's to hope'n

I'm actually wondering how this will work out, Nashville isn't that far from Huntsville, but they definitely don't all live in the same city anymore. Also, they had a much larger fan base on the East Coast/New England area....wondering if their reunion show might be up there, that live DVD was shot up there so I wouldn't surprise me too much if they played a show that they knew would sell well as opposed to playing a Hometown show where at most they'd probably get a luke-warm reception

I thought the Cassino vinyl pressing was supposed to happen quite some time ago...not surprised it fell through though

and yeah, I highly doubt if this Reunion happens that they'll do a full tour of it, my guess would be a short run up the East Coast or 1 or 2 shows in Huntsville or Nashville

again, keep in mind this is all here say still, could end up fizzling out like the Cassino vinyl

I thought the Cassino vinyl pressing was supposed to happen quite some time ago...not surprised it fell through though

and yeah, I highly doubt if this Reunion happens that they'll do a full tour of it, my guess would be a short run up the East Coast or 1 or 2 shows in Huntsville or Nashville

again, keep in mind this is all here say still, could end up fizzling out like the Cassino vinyl

Northstar existed before Taking Back Sunday I believe...but they are friends, used to tour together. I actually heard about Taking Back Sunday through these guys, the earlier demo stuff with Adam before "Tell All Your Friends" came out...wish I still had a copy of those demos. Also worth noting that in the Liner notes of "Tell All Your Friends" they thank Northstar as the best band ever or something along those lines (don't have the liner notes in front of me).

Northstar existed before Taking Back Sunday I believe...but they are friends, used to tour together. I actually heard about Taking Back Sunday through these guys, the earlier demo stuff with Adam before "Tell All Your Friends" came out...wish I still had a copy of those demos. Also worth noting that in the Liner notes of "Tell All Your Friends" they thank Northstar as the best band ever or something along those lines (don't have the liner notes in front of me).

Thats cool, they have a very similar sound. I like them both.