What's the future of music packaging?

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who hasn't been collecting for long so take it with a grain of salt.

I've been wondering for years why the music industry follow the lead of baseball cards (yes, baseball cards.) I collected them as a kid and the sports card industry saw a big boom in the late 90's thanks to a few new things.

-Increase in autographed cards

-Rookie cards that were sequentially numbered

-Cards that included swatches of game-used memorabelia

-Redemption cards form memorabelia

-Cards with substantially low print numbers, even 1/1's

I've always wondered the music industry didn't follow suit when the digital age "brought down" the music industry as we know it.

I've seen bits and pieces here and there, such as records that are limited and numbered. The Between the Buried & Me 'Parallax' EP reminded me of opening a pack of baseball cards in that you didn't know what color you would get.

Imagine purchasing a record with the possibility that you could get a redemption card for an autographed guitar or tickets to a show. Imagine buying a record that could be a test press or even a 1/1. Or just the thrill of not knowing what color or pressing you were getting.

Anyway, just some food for though.

Peace

It's been a while since you made an awful thread, I guess you're about due for another one.

Yeah it's been awhile since you guys lashed out for me for no reason and didn't address my question or even tell me what it is you don't like about my post.

everything about you and what you said is stupid...

there you go.

The last thing music needs is for its physical manifestation to be treated more like baseball cards. I'm hoping for the future of music packaging to be sleeves and jewel cases. Imagine buying a record with the possibility that it could have several songs on it. You can get the "thrill" of not knowing what color or pressing you're getting by buying records at a store or buying from a distro that doesn't keep track of that information.

That might be because I just saw Personal and the Pizzas and I am also drunk. But also, it is a real thing that should happen. If we can put a man on the moon, we can have pizza records. WHO IS WITH ME!?