Anybody else feel that earthquake?

Guest errolwest
All of CT felt it too, according to my newsfeed, except I somehow didn't. I'm pissed I didn't feel it.

really? youre pissed you didnt feel an eartquake? why would you want to feel an earthquake? i'm sure the peole in Haiti were jumping for joy that they felt an earthquake. pretty selfish to want to feel an earthquake for just the sake of feeling it when this could have been much worse given the areas where it was felt.

i feel like you're kind of making a mountain out of a molehill here. no one was hurt. maybe a bit shaken but other wise fine. is it so wrong to want to experience that? especially knowing in retrospect that you wouldn't be harmed? cmon.

I felt it pretty good here in Richmond, but I was more confused than scared. I thought a big truck was going by outside the office, but then when it didn't stop for about 30 seconds I figured it was genuine earthquake. Never felt one before, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Some people freaked and ran out of the building, everyone else was just confused. I'm sure the news has been sensationalizing it all day, but as far as I know no one was hurt and nothing was damaged. Only damage I have is a ninja turtle fell off my shelf, but he will recover.

Political wise-cracks on Twitter!

@pareene:“I think Chris Christie just jumped into the race.”

@robdelaney:“Did anyone I have a crush on’s husband or boyfriend die in the earthquake? DM me.”

@ModeledBehavior:“More and more scientists are questioning whether that was a real quake. It is a theory that’s out there.”

@snowed_in:“Breaking: Carole King feels the earth move under her feet.”

@chashomans:“I guess I better get an intern working on a ‘Five Things You Didn’t Know About the Mayan Serpent God’ listicle.”

@MichaelSLinden:“US Geological Survey’s budget was cut by some $20 million this year. #justsaying”

@daveweigel:“DEVELOPING: Earthquake turns Gallup offices upside down. Obama now at 62% approval”

@ezraklein:“The Ocean’s 13 team is presumably stealing something pretty valuable right now.”

@jdickerson:“Everyone calm down. If this is an earthquake on the east coast we’re supposed to react ironically.”

@balycooley:“I don’t want to die at a freelance job, for god’s sake.”

@pattonoswalt:“Not to panic anyone in NYC, but a screaming John Cusack just drove by in a limo that was missing a door.”

@samfbiddle:“WAS IT PREMATURE TO DO ALL THAT LOOTING”

@politicoroger:“We wouldn’t be having earthquakes like this if Hillary were president.”

@TomFornelli:“WOLF BLITZER IS ON THE PHONE WITH THE EARTHQUAKE.”

@davidfrum:“DC public schools did not dismiss. The kids are tougher than Politico.”

@bradplumer:“A nuclear reactor near epicenter of VA earthquake is designed to withstand a 5.9-6.1 quake: bit.ly/nVW1Tq We got 5.8”

@dylanmatt:“In retrospect, I resorted to cannibalism rather fast after the earthquake.”

Plus, add:

@pourmecoffee: If you had End of the World Sex, just clean up, exchange phony contact information and go back into your office building.

@ezraklein: This earthquake has clear policy implications that back up my previously held political opinions.