New Found Glory-Nothing Gold Can Stay LP HT EXCL.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This went up quicker than I expected, so I might as well post it: http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/New-Found-Glory-%252d-Nothing-Gold-Can-Stay-LP.html

This will start shipping to stores next Tuesday. I'll post a list at the end of next week with whoever has picked it up by then. SRC is getting a modest quantity and will not gobble up this pressing.

If you sent me a PM and I don't respond to you by Tuesday 9/13, send me an email at [email protected]

I want to try to take care of everyone on this.

are you givng stores a MSRP or anything? it's not that i want to go heavily into your financials, it;s that SRC is charging more than Hot Topic for whatever reason, even though it's only $1 difference.

Labels can give an SRP to retailers but its just that, a suggested retail price. Im pretty sure its against the law for them to dictate a retail price for retailers which is why its just suggested.

are you givng stores a MSRP or anything? it's not that i want to go heavily into your financials, it;s that SRC is charging more than Hot Topic for whatever reason, even though it's only $1 difference.

I don't mind the question. I sold directly to Hot Topic because I am local, but the white/gold versions are going through my distribution company. I simply cannot handle direct sales until I have the ability to have some help in this venture, and I'm not there yet. So while its entirely up to the retailer how to mark their product up, SRC's wholesale is slightly higher.

Hopefully that is preferred rather than me saying I will ship on 9/6 and then having a massive thread started about how much I blow ;)

Labels can give an SRP to retailers but its just that, a suggested retail price. Im pretty sure its against the law for them to dictate a retail price for retailers which is why its just suggested.

The mandated are called MAP* (minimum advertised price) they would have to advertise the good at that price or higher. But that's not to say they can't have sales on say certain categories of goods or give people deals that aren't advertised. It gets tricky online when shipping is involved and one store offers free shipping and one doesn't.

* I deal with this all the time with manufacturers because I am in e-commerce.