hot stampers

moonbeams

At this point, I think we have to assume that moonbeams is the best troll on this board.

I'm not a troll.

The record I was referring to is Screeching Weasel's Anthem for a New Tomorrow.

I first purchased it in on vinyl in 1997, but was underwhelmed with the sound quality and preferred the CD. As this was my favorite album, in '99 I went back to CDs and in 2004 I gave up buying physical music altogether.

I got bit buy the vinyl bug in 2008 and got my Anthem back. Still, it sounded stranger than my other records. I bought a nice used copy, but it still didn't sound so well. I then found a brand new copy, but it sounded just like the others (currently on sale in the link in my sig, if anyone wants it. PM me and I'll take 15% off and sell it outside of eBay).

I gave one copy to a friend, and not needing two copies, I put one on eBay the other week. I was surprised with how well it did. As there is a demand for Anthem LPs overseas and not in Japan, I started buying used Anthems in Japan to sell overseas. Before selling them, I listened to check their condition.

That is how I found the Anthem I am keeping. It's far superior to the other 4 copies I had.

Also, I had some records with 5 variant colors. I narrowed them down to 1 copy and sold the rest. I was surprised that different colors had different sounds. But the sounds has NO relation to the color. It's just the pressing order.

At this point, I think we have to assume that moonbeams is the best troll on this board.

I'm not a troll.

The record I was referring to is Screeching Weasel's Anthem for a New Tomorrow.

I first purchased it in on vinyl in 1997, but was underwhelmed with the sound quality and preferred the CD. As this was my favorite album, in '99 I went back to CDs and in 2004 I gave up buying physical music altogether.

I got bit buy the vinyl bug in 2008 and got my Anthem back. Still, it sounded stranger than my other records. I bought a nice used copy, but it still didn't sound so well. I then found a brand new copy, but it sounded just like the others (currently on sale in the link in my sig, if anyone wants it. PM me and I'll take 15% off and sell it outside of eBay).

I gave one copy to a friend, and not needing two copies, I put one on eBay the other week. I was surprised with how well it did. As there is a demand for Anthem LPs overseas and not in Japan, I started buying used Anthems in Japan to sell overseas. Before selling them, I listened to check their condition.

That is how I found the Anthem I am keeping. It's far superior to the other 4 copies I had.

Also, I had some records with 5 variant colors. I narrowed them down to 1 copy and sold the rest. I was surprised that different colors had different sounds. But the sounds has NO relation to the color. It's just the pressing order.

Did you check the matrix etchings?

Yes, all the same despite there being two discinct jackets, one glossy (earlier pressings) and another from Canada on cardboard (later pressings).

Sounds like you are lying bud. Why did you check and remember the matrix etching of a record several years ago when you only had one copy? Also, you have no clue if they had to use different plates for each pressing.

Yes, all the same despite there being two discinct jackets, one glossy (earlier pressings) and another from Canada on cardboard (later pressings).

Sounds like you are lying bud. Why did you check and remember the matrix etching of a record several years ago when you only had one copy? Also, you have no clue if they had to use different plates for each pressing.

I am currently in possession of 3 copies. 2 for sale (one with the cardboard cover, one with the glossy cover, check my eBay link in my sig) and 1 for personal enjoyment. They all have the same matrix number.