PO: Animals as Leaders-Weightless

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I love Animals as Leaders and I have that weird obsession with getting the rarest or most aesthetic variant, so I'm not upset about having to pay 30ppd. I'm sure that mentality has cost me a lot of money in the long run, but in turn I've acquired a collection that I'm proud of and that holds it's value. It's like buying art: if you saw two paintings and one was hand-painted, and other was a replica of it with duller colors, you'd pay an extra $10 and get the original wouldn't you? Or maybe you wouldn't, I dunno. It's alllllll about preference (and income) I guess.

Either way, well played Prosthetic Records.

I bought blue strictly to flip ;) that ok with you, Derek? haha. it does actually cost more to press a small number of color vinyl opposed to a higher number of black vinyl. I've noticed more and more labels charging more ($1-2) for the color vinyl press lately too. I'm sure it's becoming the trend or more likely just to cover production costs.

I'm hoping it looks cool and sounds good, otherwise I'll probably trade up for a black 180 gram and pawn off the blue for a normal price. I figure I'll keep up with their color vinyl as I got the last album that way. that packaging and vinyl turned out awesome.

• 1 month later...

Yes I have seen them live. Just Could'nt be blown away like i was expecting. People hyped me up to much on this band I guess. Because when i went and saw them I just could'nt enjoy the show. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt went home and listen to everything i could find from start to finish. Just did'nt do it for me man. Talented guys, just not for me. The live performance Kind of killed it for me.

I'm not sure how anyone can listen to the drums and say these guys are "overrated." These guys are all scary talented but the drums... mind boggling.

Agreed. These guys rule polyrhythms and anything out of the ordinary.

Superb Sandwich!