Best place for one-offs

my buddy is looking at putting out an acoustic 7 inch sometime in the near future. hes only wanting to do ~10 of them for his friends and for himself. I tried to do a little research but i figured youd guys would know where would be best to go and get it done for good quality and a good price.

any ideas that could help me out? id really appreciate it!

its not like he is a random dude that plays an instrument. his current band has a few records out, but the label hes on isnt interested in doing such a small run. i know its possible to get it done with decent quality. im not sure why you have to be negative

does anyone have any helpful info? id really appreciate it

its not like he is a random dude that plays an instrument. his current band has a few records out, but the label hes on isnt interested in doing such a small run. i know its possible to get it done with decent quality. im not sure why you have to be negative

does anyone have any helpful info? id really appreciate it

no I'm not being negative, I'm saying Musicol is the only plant I know of that would consider taking the time to do such a short run. Most plants and reps I've dealt with over the years would probably not return a call about something like this. Like with most mechanically reproduced items, the set up time and cost is the biggest factor. Yes, any plant could run off 10 test pressings, however bigger plants wouldn't want to deal with the idea given there's no major profit in handling the project.

read into what I'm saying before you cry about being negative, I'm being completely honest given the experience.

I don't press records. Just a consumer. Could you do a test press and tell the label there will be a run of a couple hundred, then never order them? I'm not sure if you have to sign a contract to purchase so many records when the test pressings happen. Maybe.

Not advocating sticking it to a plant. You should still pay for the setup costs. If the issue is just that they won't return your calls, maybe worth a try.

Guest markovianprocess

For this, you should tell him to look into lathe 7'' pressing. I had ten 7'' records done by www.poly-cut.com, but I've seen a few people complain about their wait times lately. The base price per 7'' is much higher, but you are able to get a run of any amount all the way down to one copy with some places.

With Poly-Cut, I paid $5 a record (clear vinyl, black etc is dearer) plus postage, so $50 plus postage to the US would be the lowest cost for ten 7'' records.

You should be able to find someone on this website willing to make them for you in any amount, but they will most likely be mono rather than stereo.

http://lathetrolls.phpbbweb.com/lathetrolls.html