Other vinyl forums ?

I say stick around and be an ambassador for those genres here! There are plenty of us around here with interests in genres other than/beyond the majority discussed.

I agree with this.

But I understand the poster's point. I post a Veronica Falls PO and am lucky to get one reply. Converge/Blink 182/Chuck Ragan POs go for pages and pages, but I have nothing to say in those threads.

I think the poster is looking for involving discussions about his taste.

Guest deathbydrums
I say stick around and be an ambassador for those genres here! There are plenty of us around here with interests in genres other than/beyond the majority discussed.

I agree with this.

But I understand the poster's point. I post a Veronica Falls PO and am lucky to get one reply. Converge/Blink 182/Chuck Ragan POs go for pages and pages, but I have nothing to say in those threads.

I think the poster is looking for involving discussions about his taste.

I agree with both of these guys. BTW, thanks for the Veronica Falls info moonbeam... never heard of them and ordered. I felt they were a better version of Dum Dum Girls from my limited listening. Guess I should +1 ya!

There are certain instances when I find rare gems (recent example Modeselektor - Monkeytown vinyl /100, past example Alvarius B. /300) but I don't post because it's generally only postings within a few genres here. But I guess it's up to someone to post these things... or would these be unwelcome? Hmmm.

This sums it up I think. My tastes at this point have almost nothing in common with what most of what is on this board but I enjoy it here because I *was* listening to alot of the kind of music discussed here when I was a teenager and in particular with certain labels, this place is spot on for getting information (and in some cases records) pertaining to those labels.

It's a good place as long as folks stay civil.

I *was* listening to alot of the kind of music discussed here when I was a teenager and in particular with certain labels, this place is spot on for getting information (and in some cases records) pertaining to those labels.

HEY ASSHOLE YOU THINK YOUR TASTES ARE SUPERIER TO EVERYONE ELSE HUH FUCK OFF.

I *was* listening to alot of the kind of music discussed here when I was a teenager and in particular with certain labels, this place is spot on for getting information (and in some cases records) pertaining to those labels.

HEY ASSHOLE YOU THINK YOUR TASTES ARE SUPERIER TO EVERYONE ELSE HUH FUCK OFF.

[image]

Seriously though, that comment wasn't meant in a condescending manner - if anything, being on here has made me listen to alot of this kind of stuff more. So yeah, there's that.

Yeah, I hear you. There are a few bands that get a ton of discussion around here that I'm just not into [either anymore, or ever have been]. But it's all good. I've discovered quite a few artists and genres through vinyl - and consequently, VC - and have also met my fair share of cool cats. I really can't complain.