Cheap Girls sign to Rise, Tom Gabel producing LP

Rise facebook post-

"Please welcome Cheap Girls to the Rise family. They are an amazing rock band from Michigan. Core Rise fans....have some respect and cherish diversity. We can't sign all screamo bands, okay?? This is what you'll be listening to when you're a little older so consider it a gift to you, from Rise. Trash talk and trolling will get you banned, you've been warned."

I can't even tell you how much I love this

Guest errolwest
Rise facebook post-

"Please welcome Cheap Girls to the Rise family. They are an amazing rock band from Michigan. Core Rise fans....have some respect and cherish diversity. We can't sign all screamo bands, okay?? This is what you'll be listening to when you're a little older so consider it a gift to you, from Rise. Trash talk and trolling will get you banned, you've been warned."

this is really funny

the hwm signing is news to me. that is really weird. but good, i liked this label quite a bit when i was about 17-18 and they were releasing the stuff i listed up above. if they segue into that and use all those shitty signings to get notice then pull a bait and switch to try to get all these little assholes into good music, then the world will be better off for it.

i wouldn't be too terribly surprised if these new signings are so they can actually sell records...i'm sure all the warped tour kids just download and steal all the warpedcore music....and with a band like HWM they have a very dedicated fanbase that will actually purchase an LP of whatever they fart out (good or bad), hell, I know I will

Rise facebook post-

Thats a pretty awesome post.

Im sure Rise has WAY more money to support their bands than P+P does.

i wouldn't be too terribly surprised if these new signings are so they can actually sell records...i'm sure all the warped tour kids just download and steal all the warpedcore music....and with a band like HWM they have a very dedicated fanbase that will actually purchase an LP of whatever they fart out (good or bad), hell, I know I will

Its pretty much the opposite. The screamo bands Rise has outsell stuff like this by 10 times. Seriously, the new Attack Attack album will outsell the new HWM by a ton. Im personally not a fan of those screamo bands but that stuff way outsells the type pf punk that this board is into. If Rise can make a ton of cash off those bands and it gives them the freedom to sign and support bands like HWM and Cheap Girls and bands like that I think its great. Plus Craig who owns Rise is a really good dude and does right by his bands.