Elderly Drivers

Fairly certain this happens all the time. Anyone ever read the weekly updates from News of the Weird? Truth is stranger than fiction. I could have swore stories like this were no longer considered weird but according to their list of things that are no longer weird... it isn't. However, elderly people driving in the wrong direction for days isn't (see #59).

http://www.newsoftheweird.com/special/special.html

Full disclosure: If you haven't been reading this site by now you may want to consider not doing so. Otherwise you will spend hours reading ridiculous story after ridiculous story. If you have time to spare I highly recommend it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly certain this happens all the time. Anyone ever read the weekly updates from News of the Weird? Truth is stranger than fiction. I could have swore stories like this were no longer considered weird but according to their list of things that are no longer weird... it isn't. However, elderly people driving in the wrong direction for days isn't (see #59).

Full disclosure: If you haven't been reading this site by now you may want to consider not doing so. Otherwise you will spend hours reading ridiculous story after ridiculous story. If you have time to spare I highly recommend it.

It happens regularly, but 11 times in 3 weeks seems absurdly high.

the one in alden was literally 20 sec. down the road from me. it's really the most ridiculous coincidence that all these happened so close together. maybe it's that lake erie water, haha.

the one in alden was literally 20 sec. down the road from me. it's really the most ridiculous coincidence that all these happened so close together. maybe it's that lake erie water, haha.

I read an article this morning where we are up to twelve in like 3 weeks time. One was a 19 year old girl though.

It seems like it is happening a lot lately, although it's probably just a weird story everyone is running with. About 2 months ago I was walking into work and I had just walked behind the garbage can closest to the front door and 2 seconds later a lady smashed into the front of the store. Scared the crap out of me. She wasn't even that old. 60s tops. She got out, asked if I was ok and then when I asked the same of her she just kind of gave me a "shit happens" answer. Her front fender was totally off her car. She didn't care though as it was a rental. She also said it was the second time she hit something with that car.

I read an article this morning where we are up to twelve in like 3 weeks time. One was a 19 year old girl though.

It seems like it is happening a lot lately, although it's probably just a weird story everyone is running with. About 2 months ago I was walking into work and I had just walked behind the garbage can closest to the front door and 2 seconds later a lady smashed into the front of the store. Scared the crap out of me. She wasn't even that old. 60s tops. She got out, asked if I was ok and then when I asked the same of her she just kind of gave me a "shit happens" answer. Her front fender was totally off her car. She didn't care though as it was a rental. She also said it was the second time she hit something with that car.

That's terrible. Work was packed today and I had to park up front across from the handicapped spots. I was nervous all afternoon worrying that some old fart was going to back his buick into my car. I'm not above smacking the shit out of an old person for messing up my car.

If that accident(which I havent read about but im going to google) happened at Broadway at Easter it would have been a disaster.