defeater

crime in stereo

capital

dangers

verse

nofx

sinking ships

mongoloids

kids like us (well i do have outta control test presses now haha)

the wonder years

propaghandi

energy

and a bunch more but i sold 90% of them.

I agree though it is kind of disappointing to get a test press and its just a plain white sleeve (especially when some of them cost so much). Even if its something little like my paint it black-new lexicon test was just a white jacket with a printed(regular printer) picture on a piece of paper glued to the jacket, its still cooler than just a plain white sleeve.

At one point I had tests from:

paint it black

defeater

crime in stereo

capital

dangers

verse

nofx

sinking ships

mongoloids

kids like us (well i do have outta control test presses now haha)

the wonder years

propaghandi

energy

and a bunch more but i sold 90% of them.

I agree though it is kind of disappointing to get a test press and its just a plain white sleeve (especially when some of them cost so much). Even if its something little like my paint it black-new lexicon test was just a white jacket with a printed(regular printer) picture on a piece of paper glued to the jacket, its still cooler than just a plain white sleeve.

lol at people bummed about test pressings not having artwork, are you upset they dont have a DL code too?

love the look of a plain while sleeve/label with just catalog numbers on em.

of montreal - the sunlandic twins 2xlp TEST PRESS (polyvinyl 2005, w/ kevin barnes pressing correspondence)

pavement - slanted and enchanted TEST PRESS (matador 1991,orig)

pixies - bossanova TEST PRESS (4ad 1990, w/ album promo sheet)

silver jews - american water TEST PRESS(domino 1998)

lol at people bummed about test pressings not having artwork, are you upset they dont have a DL code too?

of montreal - the sunlandic twins 2xlp TEST PRESS (polyvinyl 2005, w/ kevin barnes pressing correspondence)

I would make a comment about your dick-like snark, but you have an original Pavement test, so I stand and salute instead.

I would make a comment about your dick-like snark, but you have an original Pavement test, so I stand and salute instead.

I have this one too, no correspondence though.

As far as jackets/art I can do with or without them. I did buy blank gatefold jackets for my of Montreal 2xlp tests though.

I have this one too, no correspondence though.

As far as jackets/art I can do with or without them. I did buy blank gatefold jackets for my of Montreal 2xlp tests though.

thanks, but seriously... being bummed about a test pressing not looking enough like the finished product is lulzy, when its sole purpose is to provide an indicator to whatever parties involved what that pressing will sound like. they arent meant to be seen by the general public. if youre going to fret about that you might as well be bummed you dont get a DL card to put that shit on your ipod.

thanks, but seriously... being bummed about a test pressing not looking enough like the finished product is lulzy, when its sole purpose is to provide an indicator to whatever parties involved what that pressing will sound like. they arent meant to be seen by the general public. if youre going to fret about that you might as well be bummed you dont get a DL card to put that shit on your ipod.

To be more specific, I truly wish that every label would do some DIY screen printed or spray painted artwork for their tests. I also don't like it when they throw the test into a normal jacket.

To me, it's another variant. It'd be like releasing a variant with no artwork and blank labels.

I guess I feel that it increases the coolness of having something limited when a little work gets put into them. Second Nature always has the coolest alternate artwork for their tests! Other labels should take note!

To be more specific, I truly wish that every label would do some DIY screen printed or spray painted artwork for their tests. I also don't like it when they throw the test into a normal jacket.

To me, it's another variant. It'd be like releasing a variant with no artwork and blank labels.

I guess I feel that it increases the coolness of having something limited when a little work gets put into them. Second Nature always has the coolest alternate artwork for their tests! Other labels should take note!

The only test that I own is the Compound Red / Sidekick Kato - split 7". VinylJunkie threw it in for free with one of my orders. I don't even own the regular pressing of that record.

I simply have no desire to pursue test pressings. To me it seems pointless to have a test of a record that I had nothing to do with releasing. I'd rather have the full artwork, insert, and whatnot.

The only test that I own is the Compound Red / Sidekick Kato - split 7". VinylJunkie threw it in for free with one of my orders. I don't even own the regular pressing of that record.

I simply have no desire to pursue test pressings. To me it seems pointless to have a test of a record that I had nothing to do with releasing. I'd rather have the full artwork, insert, and whatnot.

I make custom artwork for my test pressings. its fun to do.

I've started doing this in my spare time. It's way fun. I'm using 12"x12" chipboard and paste a trimmed up 11x17 color copy i've printed at work. I try to use elements from the artwork associated with the band or album, but never an exact copy. (some examples below)

[image]