Black Friday 2011 Releases

My local store had the following stuff left as of tonight:

Beastie Boys, Black Keys, Brendan Benson, Dream Theater, Fear, Jimmy Cliff, Kings Of Leon, Nirvana, Pinback, Pink Floyd, Soundgarden

Maybe a few more things too, can't recall everything. But his prices are usually really fair, and he'll also sell over the phone and ship to you if you're interested. Go to http://www.mymindseyerecords.com to find the phone number; ask for Charles.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the Nirvana box set and the Mile Davis 10". I think it's complete horseshit that there's 15,000 of the Nirvana set when they advertised 5,000 being made. I don't really give a shit about how limited something is but it's annoying to be blatantly lied to.

Honestly, I think it might be even more than 15,000. I'm pretty sure the one I bought last night was numbered higher than that.

Beastie Boys, Black Keys, Brendan Benson, Dream Theater, Fear, Jimmy Cliff, Kings Of Leon, Nirvana, Pinback, Pink Floyd, Soundgarden

Maybe a few more things too, can't recall everything. But his prices are usually really fair, and he'll also sell over the phone and ship to you if you're interested. Go to http://www.mymindseyerecords.com to find the phone number; ask for Charles.

nah, ask for his dad

Guest threegcoalman
Did anybody by chance happen to pick up an extra copy of The Civil Wars release? Wasn't able to get to any record store the day of Black Friday.

My shop had extras I can check tomorrow if you are still wanting one

Thanks man, but already snagged a copy of this. Thanks though!

I picked up the Nirvana box set and the Mile Davis 10". I think it's complete horseshit that there's 15,000 of the Nirvana set when they advertised 5,000 being made. I don't really give a shit about how limited something is but it's annoying to be blatantly lied to.

Honestly, I think it might be even more than 15,000. I'm pretty sure the one I bought last night was numbered higher than that.

By the way, I checked my box this morning and it's definitely numbered higher than 15,000—mine is something like 15,277 or something like that. So who knows how many of these they actually made.

nah, ask for his dad

ha, pretty sure i talked to his dad early yesterday. thanks to scott's post, i managed to get their last copy of the black keys 12". great place. his dad put the record on hold for me until charles could come in to quote me the ppd price and it WAS very reasonable.

nah, ask for his dad

ha, pretty sure i talked to his dad early yesterday. thanks to scott's post, i managed to get their last copy of the black keys 12". great place. his dad put the record on hold for me until charles could come in to quote me the ppd price and it WAS very reasonable.

Yeah, Charles is extremely fair with his pricing. He frequently undercuts MSRPs on items, even RSD-exclusive ones. I don't know how the guy makes a living, but I'm glad he does—My Mind's Eye is by far the best record store in Cleveland.