Pre-orders up!!! FLASHLIGHTS "I'm Not Alone" LP

this is unrelated to this thread, but since i see you are posting here frequently, would you mind sharing the pressing info of the latest algernon 'fun' press? just picked up a black and lime copy to finish up my collection and i can't seem to find the pressing info anywhere!

can anyone chime in on this? PLEASE AND THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's gonna be a delay :(

A bunch of the vinyl has been determined to be sub-par.

Very poor manufacturing :\

We're going through hundreds of pieces right now to determine where we stand.

Feel free to cancel your order if you like...we understand.

More details to come soon.

The other label involved, Greed/Fantasy Ltd, has opted to just give everyone who ordered from them an immediate refund. That will only be a small handful of folks.

The lions share of the orders came through us at Protagonist, and as I shared, you are entitled

and welcome to cancel your purchase or request a refund. Otherwise, if y'all sit tight, we already have the record on it's way to Rainbo for a new press run. More details coming soon.

As Ryan from the Greed/Fantasy label has stated already, we received the pressing last week,

and upon inspection, a large percentage of the records are in unsatisfactory condition. Poor

manufacturing standards have produced a poor product, and we don't want to rip off our "clients"

(or the band for that matter) by accepting these sub-par items and then sending them out.

Anyone who would like to cancel their order, or request a refund, please feel free. We don't

expect you all to wait, and we understand. No hurt feelings.

Greed/Fantasy have already refunded everyone who ordered from them regardless of request.

We at Protagonist have way too many orders to do that, so we'll let you all be the judge.

Our reputation for delivering the goods is pretty solid, so I hope folks will realize this

WILL NOT become a "never received my pre-order" nightmare like other labels have been known

for over the years...

For those who are curious, or who intend to stick with their order, here is what we're doing:

The record has been sent to a new plant, Rainbo, for a new pressing. We hope to have a new set of tests in

a couple weeks or so. Assuming they turn out well, then we'll move forward with the pressing.

All things going nicely, it will most likely take 4-6 weeks or so, altogether. BUT, I do want

to stress that we cannot make any guarantees on time-frames.

Our sincere apologies to everyone who is disappointed. We most certainly know how you feel.

We appreciate all the support and will keep you up to date as this saga develops. Thanks!

- Brendan & Bill

Sucks, but I get that shit happens. I've got no problem waiting a little longer.

Thanks Alex. We appreciate the faith people are showing. We've

only had two requests for refunds so far...I think people are cool

so long as there is good communication and the label has a decent

enough track record.

We stuck with mixed color for the limited copies, since that's what was advertised when people

placed their orders, and the yellow for the rest. Tyring to keep this as hassle/worry free for you

all as we can, despite the serious disaster for us. Hoping to have news on some new tests in

another 10 days or so...

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, we're stoked on how fast Rainbo got the new tests done. So nice dealing with a plant

that knows what they're doing! Now we're hoping for a quick turn from tests to actual press

run...and finally into everyone's hands.

As for copies of the new tests...looks like we might have 1 or 2 available...but maybe not...

keep posted in the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, we're stoked on how fast Rainbo got the new tests done. So nice dealing with a plant

that knows what they're doing! Now we're hoping for a quick turn from tests to actual press

run...and finally into everyone's hands.

As for copies of the new tests...looks like we might have 1 or 2 available...but maybe not...

keep posted in the next few weeks.

Any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...