Nerd Alert Records

have to admit i was kinda stoked to come across this site, they have a pretty badass selection of stuff that i haven't seen elsewhere. however, i placed an order a week ago now and have gotten no status updates or communications from them.

anyone else ever order from them? is this typical of this site?

i was able to add items to my cart and complete my order, paypal checkout and all. this is pretty fucking irritating, they need to take the site down if they're not fulfilling orders anymore. i just spoke with paypal about trying to de-authorize the payment, and strongly recommended that they stop processing payments for that vendor. she said she would make a note, which likely means they're not going to do anything about it.

Got taken for the sympathy ride with the guy who runs this before he threw in the towel.

I mean sorry things suck dude but I don't want to hear your life story. Just send me my records and we can all move on.

he did throw in an extra free record though in that last order for it being late...sucks incompetent people get involved in a relatively simple business of collecting money and mailing records.

• 5 weeks later...

This is total horse-shit. Been on the phone with PayPal for a week trying to get these payments reversed. The Nerd Alert "customer service" number has been disconnected.

Results: I have to wait up to 30 days for my money back, because PayPal cannot cancel a merchant's authorization of payments or something like that.

So now, I have $120 in limbo because of these stinker-heads and no way of getting a hold of them.

i'm not sure why he just doesn't take the site down. Logic dictates that he may still have basic stock of stuff that is not worth anything more now than it was a couple years ago and he wants to slowly get rid of it. If it let you order it, i would be patient. If 30 days go by then file. Your having to wait anyways and if you chargeback immediately you will definitely not get your LPs.

this took me literally 30 seconds to find:

Tony Peters, owner of Nerd Alert:

Nerd Alert Records

Co Owner · May 2008 to May 2010

Online vinyl only record store I ran with my ex-wife. (<-----there's your reason)

http://www.facebook.com/myfavoritemutiny

this is where he works now: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Jeremiah-CenterKazba/129019523833696

here's his work's phone number: 425.954.5347

this probably won't help, but here's his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/evictthesewords