VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Oh man, Scott Steiner is the best promo man in history. People talk about the Warrior's rambling promos, but Scott Freaking Steiner, oh man.

RAW was a pretty good show from what i saw. i knew as soon as Santino came out that they were going to have Swagger drop the belt. i'm sorry to say it, but i have a feeling he may be "future-endeavored" soon; they really have no direction for him. My favorite segment was the Punk/Sheamus vs. Bryan/Jericho match.

And, although i like HBK, i don't understand what the point is in having him be the guest referee in the HIAC match. Unless he screws someone and starts a feud, or sets up yet another match between Trips/Taker (please, no!) i can't see the purpose. Wait and see, i guess.

i knew as soon as Santino came out that they were going to have Swagger drop the belt. i'm sorry to say it, but i have a feeling he may be "future-endeavored" soon; they really have no direction for him.

Tag champ with Ziggler. There's a lot of talk about that. Santino got the title for two reasons 1) to sell more t-shirts 2) to give the WWE an excuse to have him at Mania. Look for him to drop the title shortly after Mania.

I think Santino will hold it for a bit as they continue with the slow build of him being an actual wrestler. He kicked out of the gut wrench power bomb, and didnt tap to the ankle lock, this after his showing at the EC and taking so long to tap to Bryan. It is the WWE doing their own underdog story like Jeremy Lin, at least this time the WWE isnt 8 months behind like they usually are.

Raw was ok I thought. The end promo left a lot to be desired though. No man really said anything that stood out. I did enjoy the Rocks first two history lessons though. That is the stuff that gets him over, not the stupid chants and trending worldwide gay jokes.

I hated Cole going apeshit over Johnny Ace getting kicked out. They mentioned only 3432 times that he wasnt running the show at all, and then Cole says you cant kick him out, he runs the show. Can they be consistent with something they said only 34 seconds before?

i also see santino maintaining this push. like you said, build him as an actual wrestler, and i back this 100%.

swagger and miz are both in need of some serious help. new gimmick for swagger maybe? hopefully? the dude needs something new... because for way too long all weve seen is a goofy smile while he runs around the ring with his arms out for half the match.

and i know miz is still in punishment mode, but i think he just needs some time off.

the hbk thing is a little ridiculous... "and ive been appointed special guest ref..." for the match featuring the guy who should have full control over that.

theyre certainly making it look like its being set up for a screw job, but i dont see it. i think its just their way of giving shawn some credit in closing out the saga. again, taker beats hhh in HIAC at wrestlemania, finishes 20-0, retires. thats that.

and fuck every last person in the wwe universe for encouraging teddy long. i get the whole face/heel thing, but holy shit what does ANYONE like in this guy??

cenas mic work was phenomenal for the second straight week.

courtesy of @MrBrandonStroud, the best breakdown of the situation...

"The issue I have with the Cena/Rock dynamic is how differently people approach things. When I’m saying “Cena’s getting the better of this feud”, I’m saying it based solely, solely on what happens on television. People who back the Rock seem to be approaching it from EVERYWHERE … what they see on TV, what happens backstage, dirt sheets, what they remember from 15 years ago, fantasy booking, everything. So when The Rock runs down Cena, they say it’s funny. When Cena runs down the Rock, they think Rock has been sabotaged and Cena is shooting (or whatever) and it’s all part of the script … WWE wants a divided crowd, so they’re writing Rock to look bad to get it. But when the Rock says something to make them laugh, ROCK did it, not the writers. The writers didn’t write Rock to look cool because they want you to think The Rock is cool.

I don’t get that disconnect. Everything that happens on TV is Pro Wrestling TV. One guy isn’t real and the other kayfabe … they’re two wrestling characters interacting on wrestling. What’s good for the goose is good for the other, horse-dicked goose."

Went to the Raw house show in Toronto last night and it was amazing. Easily better than the last two PPVs and any episode of Raw or Smackdown lately.

Night opened up with Santino v. Swagger for the title. Santino came out to a huge pop (probably the biggest of the night). Actually a fairly decent match. Swagger was in control most of the match. But Santino ended up winning with the Cobra.

Ryback v. JTG was next. Pretty quick squash match. Little to no reaction from the crowd. Ryback didn't look that impressive.

Eve v. Kelly Kelly was next. Kelly Kelly got a huge pop. The crowd started cheering Hoski when Eve came down to the ring. Eve got the win with a roll up where she was in a position to hold the ropes.

Epico and Primo v. Mayson Ryan and Alex Riley for the tag titles. Pretty solid back and forth match. A-Ry took most of the bumps. The crowd actually had a decent reaction to Mason Ryan (even though he wasn't in the ring for very long). His wrestling looked a lot better so maybe the time in development helped. Epico and Primo retained.

Miz v. R-Turth. The Miz came out to the ring and talked to the crowd about how much Canada sucks and blah blah blah. Truth came out actually singing his enterance song. Crowd was right into the "you suck" part. Match was decent. The Miz controlled most of the match and eneded up wining. Next up was Jericho v. Kofi Kingston. Jericho had cut a promo earlier in the night saying how much he hated Ontario and specifically Toronto. Of course the crowd booed the hell out of him. Yet once his music dropped the crowd cheered him. He came out and grabbed a mic and reminded us all that Toronto was a crap city and he couldn't wait until he got back to the US (which made no sense seeing as he's Canadian and even billed from Canada). This match was fairly standard grade. Jericho is looking better in the ring, even though a lot of his moves are still fairly sloppy. He ended the match landing a Code Breaker, which was one of the most rough Code Breakers I have ever seen. I honestly though Kofi was injured considering he laid on the mat for a good couple minutes after Jericho left the ring and had to be helped out of the ring. Then it was time for the co-main event. Cena v. Kane in a last man standing match. Obviously place went off when Cena came to the ring. This match was boring as shit. I have no clue why you put a guy who's not allowed to take any bumps in a last man standing match. Match ended after Cena put Kane through two tables. Luckily it was only about 10 minutes long.

The last match was Ziggler v. Punk in a best 2 out of 3. Ziggler came to the ring with next to no reaction. When he got to the ring he grabbed the broom the ref was using to clean up the ring (from the table debris) and started to have a match with it. It was fairly priceless. Punk came out to a huge pop. Match was great. Back and forth. Jericho came down for interference at one point. Punk won the match with a GTS (probably the best I've seen him land in a couple months). Crowd was happy. Punk cut a promo about how he has always had trouble getting into Canada but this time he didn't. Cheers everyone goes home happy.

So all in all it was a great night.

Sounds good, man. There's a Raw house show coming to Syracuse in May, so my lady and i want to go to that. Right now, the advertised main event is Cena/Punk vs. Ziggler/Jericho. i'd love to see Y2J live; he wasn't wrestling when i went to the show a few years ago.

its almost a shame that theres another hour left of this show... because holy fucking hell its been incredible. and with the next 20 minutes being dedicated to THISBUSINESSHBKHHHTAKER and whatever segment the rock has planned, its safe to believe it wont match whats been goin down.

but again, by far the best first hour of a raw i can ever remember.

its almost a shame that theres another hour left of this show... because holy fucking hell its been incredible. and with the next 20 minutes being dedicated to THISBUSINESSHBKHHHTAKER and whatever segment the rock has planned, its safe to believe it wont match whats been goin down.

but again, by far the best first hour of a raw i can ever remember.

AGREED.

are you serious bro?

cena comes out old school, and delivers a 6 minute promo. SIX MINUTES!!

ziggler gets brouge kicked into oblivion

d-bry/aj box seats

johnny ace's chair fall

funkasaurus returns

david otunga law promo

jericho/punk segment

and here we are. FUCK YOU DWAYNE. YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

ive got a friend who just refuses to discredit anything rocks doing right now. saying its all part of the act to get cena over and better divide the crowd for the match. which.. okay, if thats PART of it, fine. that makes sense.

but there is absolutely no defense for what just happened.

i already contacted my lawyer, @DavidOtunga, declaring a class action lawsuit against the rock and wwe for "brain rape"

Ziggler deserves so much better than losing to that filthy ginger piece of shit Shaemous. He's one of the most talented performers in the WWE today. Shaemous is horrible in the ring (I'm surprised he hasn't injured more people) and horrible on the mic. The only reason he's getting the push he is is because he's Triple H's bum chum. Horrible.