VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Decent PPV. Some great matches mixed in with some horrible outcomes.

I hate WWE Creative right now for squashing Bryan like that. The guy is one of the best in ring talents you have, let him shine. I found it sort of hilarious that "main eventing wrestlemania" actually turned out to be opening up the night. Just goes to show the weight titles actually hold in the WWE these days.

The Rock v. Cena match was entertaining. It was funny how you could hear them talk through the ring side mics. We fully heard both Cena and The Rock calling out moves throughout the match. I really do not understand the point of putting The Rock over. You've just made your #1 guy look like a chump and now he really has no motivation to come back.

The 12 man tag match was just a jumble of things that went wrong. Horrible execution.

Undertaker/HHH was everything I expected it to be and more. The placement of it was retarded, it should have been either second or third to last (it would be last if it was up to me). I liked the fallout afterwards of good sportsmanship.

The Sheamus/Bryan match was horseshit. Way to bury the guy just so they could have a dumb Clay skit and terrible live music before the main event. I mean 18 seconds? Not okay.

CM Punk/Y2J was great as expected.

Did not expected to see Big Show get the IC belt so that was kinda cool. Was happy to see Kane beat Orton. Overall, this was a fantastic WM. I honestly had little to no interest in the Rock/Cena match.

that was pretty much an all around let down. but i am just happy taker won...

i didnt even see the bryan squash. my friend and i went out for snacks and a blunt, and by the time we got back, i saw 18 seconds trending. so fucking pissed off.

hurricanrana into the walls was probably the coolest spot of the night,

my biggest problem was that no one was in WRESTLEMANIA form tonight. even triple h... undertaker started the match by dominated, and hunter was kind of a bitch about it, instead of treating it like he was simply taking an early beating in a marathon. very few spots of guys putting their bodies on the line..

also surprised thats all it took for cena to lose

and nothing even resembling a big turn. i wanted something out of no where that made me think "HOLY SHIT I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE EXPLANATION ON RAW!!"

1 The Rock vs. John Cena - so disappointing. wtf was that?

2 Triple H vs. The Undertaker Hell in a Cell match with special guest referee Shawn Michaels - GREAT, but not better than last years.

3 CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho Singles match for the WWE Championship - good, solid match.

4 Daniel Bryan © vs. Sheamus Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship - HA! Nice april fools, WWE.

5 Cody Rhodes © vs. Big Show Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship - ehh. good to see Show actually win something.

6 Randy Orton vs. Kane - decent match.

7 Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali and Booker T) (with Hornswoggle) vs. Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz and Drew McIntyre) (with Vickie Guerrero) - godDAMN, that was awful to see.

8 Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres - PEE BREAK.

i think i was more excited for the 6 man tag match. mostly because i was under the impression that it was elimination... and that this was gonna be the big match to replace money in the bank.

WHAT THE FUCK WWE.. WHY IS THERE NO MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA?! SO FLO-RIDA'S GOD AWFUL FUCKING SHIT CAN SMEAR ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR 15 MINUTES?!?

i think i was more excited for the 6 man tag match. mostly because i was under the impression that it was elimination... and that this was gonna be the big match to replace money in the bank.

WHAT THE FUCK WWE.. WHY IS THERE NO MONEY IN THE BANK MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA?! SO FLO-RIDA'S GOD AWFUL FUCKING SHIT CAN SMEAR ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR 15 MINUTES?!?

dude I know!! I thought it was gonna be an elimination match but 5 minutes into it I realized that wasn't gonna happen. so bummed.

Like most of you, i thought this was a terrible let down after months of hype. Of course, my rage over the Bryan/Sheamus "match" set me off on the wrong path right from the start. i thought it ironic that, every other night of the year, the divas would have a match that long, but at Wrestlemania, they get a five to seven minute match and D. Bry gets crap. Of course, i'm in favor of the divas having competitive matches every night, but i thought it ironic.

Kane/Orton-No care ever. i guess it was a fine match. i liked Orton's dropkick to Kane in mid-air. Didn't expect Kane to win, but i've always liked the guy.

Show/Cody-Another surprise outcome. Seemed like Big Show was genuinely grateful, though, so that's cool.

Divas match-All i care about is that Beth was made to look like a chump, Natalya was not on Wrestlemania, and Kharma didn't kill anyone. Disappointing on all three fronts.

HHH/Taker-Decent. i liked Taker's spikey jacket. To me, it didn't seem like they needed to have it in HIAC. They only used the actual cage briefly. Seemed like just another brawl/ no DQ match.

12-man tag-DREW MCINTYRE WAS ON WRESTLEMANIA! SO WAS JACK SWAGGER! ON THE WINNING TEAM!

Y2J/Punk-Loved Y2J's jacket making a re-appearance, and the head games of him trying to get Punk disqualified. i loved their match, especially the ending. About the only thing i truly, truly enjoyed last night.

Rock/Cena-Totally surprising and really unexpected. Not really in a good way. Did not meet the levels of hype (then again, the hype was so high, only an Undertaker-Michaels or Angle-Michaels match would have met the expectations set forth by a year of hype. Really interesting outcome.

Overall, i was quite let down by WM28. My "nerd rage" over Daniel Bryan's burial really ruined the night for me and i didn't recover until Y2J/Punk.

i liked Taker's spikey jacket.

Ha, me too. He looked like a character from Hellraiser for a second.

I'm kinda surprised to see most were disappointed in WM. I had a blast watching it this year and thought it was great. I was in a huge funk at the beginning because of DB getting buried on WM. That was not cool at all. I know the feud will continue but he just shouldn't have lost like that on the flagship event.

This year's WM was way, way, way more entertaining than last year's, that's for sure. I was really confused when they blew through half the card in the first hour, and I kept on wondering, "How are they going to book four matches to stretch over three hours"? (Cue five million chairshots.)

Loved the crowd chanting "DANIEL BRYAN!" during the Kane/Orton match. To have the biggest crowd of the year chanting your name after you jobbed in 18 seconds has to count for something with the bookers, right?

Super-surprised Kane won. Guess that means this feud will drag on for another month. I'd rather have Kane "retire," then Isaac Yankem DDS make a comeback. He could feud with the Funkasaurus.

Bummed Cody had to job, but at least it wasn't a squash.

Divas tag match wasn't terrible. Kelly Kelly's top-rope spot was actually pretty cool.

Taker/HHH = eh. No wrestling whatsoever. No really big spots. The cell wasn't really used at all. I hope this isn't Taker's last match, because his previous three WM matches all eclipse this one in terms of storytelling and brutality.

The power went out at my friend's house when Punk/Jericho came on, so we only saw the first few minutes then the last minute or so. Bummed I missed the bulk of it, because everyone said it was good. The Liontamer looked AWESOME when Jericho locked it in—so cool to see both that and the Walls Of Jericho in the same match.

I also thought the Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy match would've been elimination. Bummed it wasn't. Stoked Team Johnny won. More Otunga, please!

Cena/Rock was more or less what I expected. I legitimately wasn't sure who was going to win until Rock pinned him, so at least they kept me in suspense. Will there be a rematch at SummerSlam, I wonder?

i definitely need to go back and watch it. like scott said, my friend and i was perplexed at how quickly they went through most of the card.

i was REALLY hoping that punk/jericho would turn iron man at the last second. and then when punk/johnny had their little backstage segment i actually thought it was gonna happen.

as boring as the kane/orton story was, the match kind of made up for it. cool spot with the choke slam off the top.. something they rightfully saved for ppv rather than a raw finish.

oh, and lololol at all the maria skid-mark chants

its amazing how sad the bryan thing is, especially looking back at how fucking hot that crowd was. that was seriously one of the most anticipated matches, as made blatantly obvious by a sea of YES!! signs.

and OMG ASJHDGAJHSGJS CKJHAVSJH!!! EVE! WTF!

everyone.. i mean everyone.. was waiting for kharma to appear as eve strutted back up the ramp, right?! this was the perfect opportunity... botchamania.