VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Side note: started watching the Best of Clash of the Champions DVD on Netflix last night. Apart from having one of my favorite matches of all time (the Funk/Flair "i quit" match), i also stumbled upon a great match between "Stunning" Steve Austin and Ricky Steamboat. It was really surreal to see Austin with hair and a totally different persona. i definitely recommend you guys check that match out, though. Steamboat was the man.

I used to love watching Clash Of The Champions when I was a kid so I picked up the bluray when it came out. So far I've only made it through one disc but it's great. Kinda wish they had gotten someone other than Dusty Rhodes to introduce the matches though.

http://youtu.be/_7A0SfjIAsU

Hopefully this link works. It is a recent Daniel Bryan interview that i figured you guys might enjoy. The best part is at the end when he talks about going to Panera Bread with Ryback and Cody Rhodes.

i think the reason i like guys like Punk and D. Bry is that they aren't the biggest guys, they just worked hard to get where they are. They also don't seem like the typical jock douches i imagine many wrestlers to be. They just seem like normal guys you could hang out and talk music with.

Is that why it ended with a rollup out of nowhere? Me nor my friends noticed the ring break, so it couldnt have been anything big, but the ropes were loose as hell until intermission. All in all, the ppv was good. Had no issue with the stream at all and the Cole match was incredible. Glad to see ANX beat WGTT, makes me think they would have won long ago if Titus didnt get hurt.

They were having issues with the ropes. You could notice that when guys were going to the top rope they were getting their balance on the ring post not the ropes.

All in all I thought it was a great PPV. Cole v. O'Reily, Ciampa v. Lethal v. Strong, ANX v. WGTT and Steen v. Richards were all amazing matches.

Better than anything the WWE has turned out since TLC last year.

Is the wwe title mitb match seriously only 4 guys. It seems they kinda left it open for any wwe champion to get in but if it's only those 4 that match will suck.

That's what it sounded like to me. What about ADR, Mysterio, and Miz (and probably some others i am forgetting)? Also, i'm not sure if i like the idea of using only past champions in MITB; i thought the point of it was to give new guys a shot.

i hope that Raw will continue to have the Heath Slater/legends segments every week; i marked for Sid.

Even with adding those three it will still be a pretty terrible MITB match.

I didnt know who half the divas were in the battle royal, they all look the same and never get tv time so I cant tell them apart.

Having the best match open the show was a sign that it would go down hill from there, I just wish I listened to my brain and shut it off after that. Damn them making me think that Cena/Jericho would be good.

Would love to see the miz come back for mitb. Loved him on the mic. It's going to be a slowwwww mitb if it's just them four. I'm thinking mysterio and adr will be in the smackdown mitb. Prob Ziggler also.

Miz is filming The Marine 3 right now. Dunno when that wraps up, but I doubt it will be in enough time to properly build to him being in the match.

I think I remember hearing he'll be out until around after SummerSlam. As much as I don't really like him he is great on the mic decent in the ring and gets amazing heat from the crowd. They definately need to bring him back and give him a push. Maybe not for a title, but he does need to be on tv every week.

I think a lot of their main go to heels right now (show, del rio, etc.) have gone stale. Ziggler is on the cusp of turning face whether creative wants him to or not. Outside of him Raw is lacking in the heel department.

I dont remember Kennedy or Ted Jr getting a push after their movies, so Im not sure about Miz. I just hope he comes back with some new stuff to say. He has been boring on the mic (and ring) the past 6 months or so. I loved his run up the card and with the belt and he won me over, but got boring quick, like ADR.

I keep hearing rumors that they want Punk versus Cena at Summerslam. As much as I enjoy watching Punk/Bryan, it's such a waste to have Bryan lose again. It takes any credibility he had and throws it out the window. I don't have high hopes for the PPV especially since I think Cena is going to win unless they think of another way to make the match against Punk at Summerslam happen. I really like the Heath versus legends segment. It was great to see Sid, never the greatest wrestler but man did he have a great presence and character plus it was good to see he come back for one match and win.

I dont remember Kennedy or Ted Jr getting a push after their movies, so Im not sure about Miz. I just hope he comes back with some new stuff to say. He has been boring on the mic (and ring) the past 6 months or so. I loved his run up the card and with the belt and he won me over, but got boring quick, like ADR.

i couldve sworn they got pushes. wasnt ted jr's push with the million dollar belt then he went after the us title.

i couldn't believe the Smackdown spoilers, either. On the one hand, it's good that Sandow and Kidd are in, but they beat Ryder and Swagger. Probably doesn't bode well for either of those two. i can't believe how far Ryder has fallen this year. And i've been worried about Swagger having a job all year, but they never do anything to make you care about him.