VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

RVD's current music goes like this: "RVD" chugga gunga chugga "the Whole F'n show!" chugga gunga chugga "RVD!" chugga gunga chugga "Van Terminator!" chugga gunga chugga "Van Daminator!" chugga gunga chugga.

It's bad, man. Bad.

i don't think it's how long you hold it that makes it mean something, i think it's how you treat it. When you have punk have championship matches on ppv's and then have ryback or diva's matches following that (this has happened on a few ppv's), that's where the championship is buried. The championship fight was always the headlining fight. The main event. They should go back to that.

Couldn't agree with you more on this. It's so stupid how they have Punk's matches at the halfway point of the show. He's the champ let him main event Raw and PPVs. The worst was a couple weeks ago where Raw (might have been Smackdown) opened up with Punk wrestling. Stupid. So Stupid.

Did anyone see Impact last night? There were some good matches (Joe/Pope, AJ/Anderson, and Roode/Aries), but no knockouts and too much "Aces and Eights." Why wouldn't the entire locker room just come out and stop them from attacking? Stupid.

Also, RVD has the worst music ever. Terrible, awful, stupid theme song.

Haven't watched last nights yet, but last weeks was kind of bland. I appreciate that the Knockouts actually wrestle (unlike the Divas) but sometimes their matches run a little too long.

Aces and Eights seems a bit recycled, but that's okay for now. I read earlier today that they people they have working as Aces and Eights right now aren't going to be the guys who are finally unmasked.

The Joseph Park angle needs to die right now. You're not fooling any one that it's Abyss and it's building to a point where Abyss will have to fight Bully Ray and you'd expect Park to be ringside. The restraining order was a pretty weak work around that. But I guess it's the only believeable one.

i got home late sunday, and didnt tune into mitb until the adr/sheamus match. so i just had my first opportunity to see the first match.

holy shit. just... holy shit. i tried ignoring anything that was written about it, so that nothing except for dolph winning was spoiled. but guys.. why isnt this match getting praised? aside from two VERY ugly botches, there were some incredible spots, with a lot of aggression and emotion and recklessness from just about every one involved.

the 15 minute mark of the match is what blew my mind though.

tensai runs sin cara into the post

tensai powerbombs sin cara on the ladder

tensai hurls ziggler over the announce table into a contorted heap in a chair

rhodes tosses kidd face first from the top of the ladder

christian spears rhodes from 3/4 up the ladder

knowing that this is a fake competition and all that, it often gets lost on me just how incredible it is the way their bodies are able to withstand such violence.

i dont care what kind of force the mat is absorbing, dropping straight on to your back from 20 feet up is nuts. and the way ziggler landed in that chair without shattering 9 bones is beyond me.

it was a shame sandow didnt get more chances to be in the action. instead we get santino being afraid of heights. but sandow hung with these guys. in the brief time he was on offense, you could tell that he belongs among this kind of talent.

i also enjoyed cody more than usual. used to really dislike him, then grew indifferent on his character once his wrestling abilities improved. booker mentioned how he was focused and aggressive in the match.. maturing. thats exactly what i saw in him.

Maybe it's only me, but I'm definitely interested to see what Chavo brings to the table for TNA. I wonder if they're gonna bring him in to the X-Division picture with Zema. I'm kinda hoping not, I think Chavo works so much better as a heel - but who knows. I'm stoked on a lot of the new X-Division talent as it is. I thought it was a great job bringing in Kenny King from ROH, the Destination X stuff was super great to watch. Love seeing Kid Kash be so mad about everything all the time.

At the same time, I'm kinda bummed - the one thing i loved about TNA was their tag division. I used to love watching MCMG and Beer Money and Ink Inc. work, even AJ and Kaz worked well together, but I feel like their division has disintegrated since they broke up Beer Money, I know that Sabin and Shelley have both been hurt and shit. I just love wrestling.

Definitely pumped for Raw 1000 tonight. Hoping for a good mix of old and new. Also, hoping that Undertaker is Slater's opponent tonight. Enjoy the show, guys.

the place that im always ballwashing- withleather.com....they have chat rooms during raw every week. mr. belding is this weeks special guest. seriously.

two very important things happened tonight.

one of them rectified a year of shittiness, and the other rectified shittiness that everyone considered impossible, if anything beyond unthinkable.

pןıɥɔ s,bunoʎ ǝɐɯ (q 'ןǝǝɥ sǝob ʞund (ɐ

Cena losing mitb was just awesome. I'm sure he might get a rematch at summerslam. Punk heel turn was good. Just made me like him even more. Like punk getting inserted into the rock cena angle hopefully they will keep the belt on him til the rumble. I really hope they dont do a sheen daniel bryan match

more than anything, im still worried about big shows position in all of this.

going back to that rage-inducing graphic... who should rock face at royal rumble? this pops up a moment after hes scene standing in the ring with punk and bryan, yet our options are #rockcena #rockpunk #rockshow

i thought the show last night was great. i loved Sandow interrupting DX (i did the YES! chant), but i was hoping Lesnar would come in and destroy everyone to get some heat into that feud. i never was a big fan of DX, haha.

i marked hard for the Undertaker/Kane reunion (my fiancee loves the Undertaker, but she fell asleep before he came out).

My only real complaint was with the Big Show interference, but i knew it was coming since we didn't see him all night. i am happy that Punk is (seemingly) turning heel. i think he can play off of our frustrations with Cena always closing the show, the Rock getting a title shot even though he's not full-time, etc. Could definitely bring him back to where we was last summer and (hopefully) the WWE will handle it better. The only thing that was missing was the new title design, which i thought was announced last week.

I was happy when the rest of dx came out.. I was ecstatic that sandow followed. Credit to the creative staff for that one.

The 6 man tag match was dumb. That whole scene is a total shitshow right now, and this match really exposed it. Zigglers feuding with Jericho, but the briefcase keeps his attention on sheamus. But sheamus is still tied up with del rio, who's now found himself mixed up with sin cara AND Rey?

The Aj thing is stupid. For now at least.. Let's see where it goes. But for everything that lead up to this, it just doesn't make sense. I'm also bitter because I was really hoping for regal to be the new gm.

I did love the segment with her and Layla though. "everyone says I'm crazy, but a dude in a kilt is out there double dutching with an invisible child"

Excited for miz and the ic title showing a glimmer of relevance

Litas tits. Omgomgomg

Kane and taker was nice.. As always I just wish it didn't take him 45 minutes to walk down a ramp. You'd think those guys would just attack Kane when thyley had the chance?

Once I realized show hadn't been seen yet his interference was pretty obvious. At first I was just annoyed... I had no interest in the match itself, I just wanted them to hurry up and give us the outcome. And oh boy, what an outcome. The ONLY thing that will make me tolerate Daniel Bryan getting caught up with Charlie sheen (I hope he fucking kills him) is punk reviving the persona that we've been cheated out of for way too long now. I wonder if this will lead to the new belt coming around.

It was a fun show, and it definitely surpassed my expectations. I figured they were gonna be too caught up in stroking it to their own history for 3 hours to bother focusing on anything at hand

I'm just sad the glass never shattered :(

He's currently filming "Grown Ups 2" (hell of an excuse to miss Raw 1000) and even with a knee injury he can still walk out and throw some beers... It would have been an absolutely amazing show if he came out, but without him it just wasn't complete...

Love the new angles for Miz and Punk... Really not looking forward to seeing Show and Cena again...

and a guilty pleasure... I really hope the one man band sticks around! Someone needs to make a shirt for him pronto!