SRC Online Black Friday/ RSD Events

srcvinyl

On RSD/ Black Friday this year we have a BUNCH of stuff going on. I expect this to be one of our craziest days this year!!! I will update this thread as more details are released. Here are some of the things we have planned:

- Official RSD Releases (Stay tuned for details)

- OOP records will be available for purchase in small qtys (see below)

- Vinyl Notebooks

- HUGE sale! It is 'Black Friday' after all.

OOP Records Available for Purchase

I have been doing a lot cleaning around our warehouse lately and have found a ton of great stuff that we will have back in stock! Additionally, I have been looking through various distros stock and have found some really cool records which have been long out of print!!

You can actually grab a sneak peak here:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/categories/Black-Friday/SRC-Black-Friday-Exclusives/

More details will be posted on when these will go live!

Vinyl Notebooks

I have been working on converting some of the damaged records we have into notebooks! I anticipate at least 40 note books but wont know until next week. Although Virgil gave us the idea to do this from his VC days, we do the notebooks a bit different. They are bound by coil, include the jacket and inserts plus we use really neat paper from a company called French Paper.

I have a few LPs where the jackets were damaged but not the LP. Those will include a working LP. Also, a few have a CD included with them.

SALE

List to be posted soon! I have not yet been given it but I am sure it will be crazy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. they're not.

Store (noun)

1. an establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis

I'd say they qualify.

NOTE:

A Record Store Day participating store is defined as a retailer whose main primary business focuses on a physical store location, whose product line consists of at least 50% music retail, whose company is not publicly traded and whose ownership is at least 70% located in the state of operation. (In other words, we’re dealing with real, live, physical, indie record stores—not online retailers or corporate behemoths).

NOTE:

A Record Store Day participating store is defined as a retailer whose main primary business focuses on a physical store location, whose product line consists of at least 50% music retail, whose company is not publicly traded and whose ownership is at least 70% located in the state of operation. (In other words, we’re dealing with real, live, physical, indie record stores—not online retailers or corporate behemoths).

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

Store (noun)

1. an establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis

I'd say they qualify.

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

NOTE:

Yep.

"corporate behemoths"

Do the RSD people realize where 90% of the RSD releases are coming from?

True dat.

Record Store Day has turned into an opportunity for major labels to cash in by selling overpriced re-releases to people who will buy anything with the RSD logo on it. So honestly, SRC may as well participate, RSD is only an empty shell of what it used to be and doesn't really hold any of the same values anymore. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $30-$40 (estimate) for 3 7" singles from Pink Floyd's The Wall, when you can get the entire album (and listen to them in the proper context) for $5 in a used record store?

Regardless of what you think of the releases or who is releasing them (which I agree with btw), RSD was created to get people back into Brick and Mortar stores. Anything else and you are missing the point

Right? On that note, this sale is cool and all, but it would be better on some random day, not on the same day that people's money should be going into those brick and mortar stores. I wouldn't mind grabbing a 7" or two from this sale, but I'd also rather support a smaller store in my area with the limited cash I'm going to have.

The thing is, not everyone has a brick and mortar store. The only record store anywhere close to where I live doesn't do RSD releases. I think that, if you have the chance, you should go to a small store and support them, but I also don't think people who don't have the option should be able to get releases they're interested in, and at least SRC is a form of a record store, instead of Hot Topic, or F.Y.E. That's just my opinion though.

No, I understand that running a business from a building is more costly than from a website. I understand why you guys are mad about it. I love brick and mortar stores, and I'm glad that there's a chance for them to get income from this. I'm not exactly saying SRC is in the right, but I think I'd much rather SRC, a primarily record store that happens to be online, do RSD than every store like Hot Topic doing it. And I've seen a handful of other record stores selling their RSD release preorders online.