Attn Ska fans! -Check out our Epic Reissue Project

flood

Edna's Goldfish - Before You Knew Better was released on vinyl in Germany, I have a copy. Although it is hard to come by in the USA.

I am super excited for that Pietasters album, it's my favorite album by them.

I would like to see some love for the west coast ska though.

Bands like Jeffries Fan Club, Hippos, Early Aquabats etc.

I know it also has to do with if the album is owned by a Major or not and stuff like RBF and Save Ferris is on a major.

Yeah we know the edna's record was pressed..... but its next to impossible to find, most of the dudes in the band don't even have a copy... the only person i know who owns one is Justin's roommate ... so its time to make this shit happen!

we're already working on lining up additional records for a 2nd run of this / something to funnel the profits (if any) into. As far as west coast bands... we're talking to a couple bands.. the problem is most of the "big" records that everyone loves were major label releases, and as far as the aquabats Fearless is holding on to them, because of the pending aquabats tv show, and they're convinced they will be worth tons of money in a few years.. and letting us do a small press run of them would destroy the market for the records... this is why the record industry is going to hell in a handbasket, because the bigger indie labels are retarded.

Yeah we know the edna's record was pressed..... but its next to impossible to find, most of the dudes in the band don't even have a copy... the only person i know who owns one is Justin's roommate ... so its time to make this shit happen!

we're already working on lining up additional records for a 2nd run of this / something to funnel the profits (if any) into. As far as west coast bands... we're talking to a couple bands.. the problem is most of the "big" records that everyone loves were major label releases, and as far as the aquabats Fearless is holding on to them, because of the pending aquabats tv show, and they're convinced they will be worth tons of money in a few years.. and letting us do a small press run of them would destroy the market for the records... this is why the record industry is going to hell in a handbasket, because the bigger indie labels are retarded.

...that being said, when Matt and I met up with the Aquabats earlier this year, they were totally into letting us release the records if the label gave us consent.

Edna's Goldfish - Before You Knew Better was released on vinyl in Germany, I have a copy. Although it is hard to come by in the USA.

I am super excited for that Pietasters album, it's my favorite album by them.

I would like to see some love for the west coast ska though.

Bands like Jeffries Fan Club, Hippos, Early Aquabats etc.

I know it also has to do with if the album is owned by a Major or not and stuff like RBF and Save Ferris is on a major.

I would love to see Forget The World by The Hippos get pressed and that was on Vagrant/FBR.

What about The Scholars? The band that had Aaron + Scott from RBF in it. That was released on Vegas Records years ago and has been out of print forever. That would probably sell due to its RBF connection and would possibly be easier to license rather than any of the major RBF albums.

Bob Becker is a money grubbing douchebag and I'm ashamed to once call Fearless one of my favorite labels seeing what it has become.

epic shit storm on punk news for this :)

Just was reading the comments on punknews. That one dude is always bitching about ska. For there being so few labels left supporting the genre you'd think he'd be happy about your announcement and project.

"I've actually talked with some people about starting a label, but I just don't think I can handle it. I buckle under pressure quite easily and I'm downright incompetent in nearly every facet of business...I'd mismanage it right into the ground and have lawsuits up the wazoo. Plus, I don't think my heart's really in it."

What a giant idiot