Attn Ska fans! -Check out our Epic Reissue Project

flood

• 2 weeks later...

Came home today and found the Edna's Goldfish and Suburban Legends records! They look and sound amazing, i'm so happy these were pressed and can't wait for the next batch to be announced. I havent listened to this SL album in years and its bringing back a lot of good memories. Now I just need my Pietasters LP to arrive B)

Albums I'd love to see pressed for round 2:

Let's Go Bowling - Mr. Twist

Stubborn All-Stars - Back with a New Batch

The Suspects - 99 Paid

The Rudiments - Psychoska

The Aquabats - The Fury of the Aquabats

Big D and the Kids Table- How it Goes or Gypsy Hill

Wesbound Train - ANYTHING. I have the Check Your Time 7" and I know any albums of theirs would sound killer on vinyl...

I didn't pledge to this kickstarter because I wasn't interested in those four records but there are a lot of ska records I really want and would definitely pledge next time if you are going to make them available.

I hope you can get at least one of the following.

Big D and the Kids Table - Good Luck or How it Goes

High School Football Heroes - Close Only Counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

Mephiskapheles - God Bless Satan

Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off or Why Do They Rock So Hard?

The Aquabats - Fury of the Aquabats, vs the Floating Eye of Death or Charge (The non Fearless ones)

The Hippos - Heads Are Gonna Roll

The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition or Battle Hymns

Westbound Train - Searching for a Melody or Five to Two

Still stoked that there are still people interested in ska. I just need to find some new bands.

dude.. if you like meph ahd westbound.... you would love pilfers and pietasters. and ednas were a huge influence on HSFH ;)

I have the Pietasters - Willis and Pilfers - Chawalaleng on CD so I am familiar and the only Edna's goldfish song I really like is Veronica Sawyer. There are a few songs I like a lot from Rump Shaker like High Fives and Up All Night but I just don't think I would listen to these records all the way through.

Although I thank you a million times for putting Spring Heeled Jack on vinyl. The reunion show in 2010 made my high school dream of hearing Jolene live a reality!

Albums I'd love to see pressed for round 2:

Stubborn All-Stars - Back with a New Batch

The Rudiments - Psychoska

The Aquabats - The Fury of the Aquabats

Yes please....

Mephiskapheles - God Bless Satan

Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off

The Aquabats - Fury of the Aquabats

The Hippos - Heads Are Gonna Roll

The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition or Battle Hymns

Definitely on these...... plus maybe one of the following:

Skankin' Pickle - Anything

Link 80 - 17 Reasons

Blue Meanies - Full Throttle

Stubborn All Stars - Open Season

Pietasters - Willis

Mu330 - Press

That's all that I can think of right now.

Skankin' Pickle - The Green Album and several other Skankin' Pickle albums and 7"s are on vinyl...I think the Green Album usually goes for anywhere from 10-20$ if not less. Not that bad really... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKANKIN-PICKLE-LP-w-inserts-DR-STRANGE-records-xsi-/370519939054?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5644b597ee ok, buy it now for $22, but that still isn't terrible...

The point of the project is to press albums that have never been released on vinyl

Link 80 - 17 Reasons

Blue Meanies - Full Throttle

Pietasters - Willis

Mu330 - Press

All the above have had vinyl pressings

Since "reissue" is in the titled I would have to assume it would include previously pressed records as well as records that never did. Plus, Flood has hinted at the possibly of reissuing some records that have already been pressed. Either way I'm just excited to see what others come up with for the next pre-order.

ok heres a lil hint.

if all goes through as currently planned... the next 4 kickstarter series ones will all have never been released on vinyl... and two of them will have extensive unreleased bonus tracks from the recording sessions that have supposedly not seen the light of day.

aside from that.. two others which will come out directly on asbestos (fingers crossed) one had a short pressing years ago but is very hard to find, and the other was never pressed.

Sooo do me a favor and go buy a ton of records/subscribe to ska is dead/tell all your friends to do so as well... so i can afford all this shit :)