PO: Will Haven - Voir Dire

ijux

Well...ordered when pre-orders went up...haven't received anything...sent the label a tweet...they told me to email them...did so...and still nothing...bummer.

That sucks. I preordered from Holy Roar and got my record a couple weeks ago. Only problem was it was hacked to hell by the record itself (shipping internationally inside jacket = seam destruction). The record not only tore through the jacket but almost all the way through the shitty packaging! They were however very responsive and said they'd send me a replacement cover right away.

Well...ordered when pre-orders went up...haven't received anything...sent the label a tweet...they told me to email them...did so...and still nothing...bummer.

That sucks. I preordered from Holy Roar and got my record a couple weeks ago. Only problem was it was hacked to hell by the record itself (shipping internationally inside jacket = seam destruction). The record not only tore through the jacket but almost all the way through the shitty packaging! They were however very responsive and said they'd send me a replacement cover right away.

Good to know, all 3 in my box were split as well

Well...just went back to my emails...

Paid on 11/26/11

People have already received their copies. Nothing here. Emailed the label twice already. No response. They're even ignoring any tweets I have sent them. And I've been polite and professional throughout too.

How soon before it's time for public blasting?

Got my records today...beyond pissed about it though...completely split seams on both jackets and inner sleeves...

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I already emailed them...but I am doubtful anything will happen considering they tweeted this earlier today:

"I think people should start complaining to postal systems for how they treat mail rather than to small struggling businesses."

"I cant afford all these replacements when its the postal services fault. I package our records pretty damn well!"

The records were packed securely with cardboard and all that, yes, but its common sense to remove the inner sleeve from the jacket in order to avoid what seems to have happened to all they sent overseas. I'm not even gonna ask for a replacement, but maybe they should just refund shipping costs. Something.

I am not giving doubts or complaining about the packing...it was as any other record I have ever received in the past...BUT...yes, it would have been an extra precautionary step to have removed the records from the jackets and put them outside. Especially more so on overseas orders.

If they can provide me...which I know they don't have to...with replacement jackets and inner sleeves, great...if not, oh well, I'm shit outta luck then.

BUT...yes, it would have been an extra precautionary step to have removed the records from the jackets and put them outside. Especially more so on overseas orders.

Exactly. I even said this to him in an email before the record was being shipped as I always ask overseas sellers how they pack records (I've had many horror stories in the past). Considering this wasn't shrink wrapped it would easy to do but oh well. The guy I talked to at Holy Roar was awesome and a very friendly dude.

For the hell of it, you should still send him a friendly email and see if he has anymore jackets. You never know.

• 2 weeks later...

So I sent Holy Roar a very friendly and polite email letting them now that the records finally arrived but unfortunately damaged jackets and inner sleeves...they replied and apologized for the mishap and sent me replacement jackets and inner sleeves...very awesome of them. I know they didn't have to so I am very appreciative of it.

[image]

fuck. I held out and ordered this from Bieler Bros. mine came just as trashed as yours, Juan. simple, LOOSELY taped mailer with no padding and the record shipped in the jacket. I don't even know if I should bother emailing, it is exactly the shit I expected to happen to this record no matter who I ordered it from.

Bieler sent me the yellow glitter if anyone cares. i believe it was sent priority for the $6.99 shipping. can't remember.