John Denver/The Muppets - A Christmas Together

Just in time for the holiday season, Urban Outfitters has released an exclusive reissue of John Denver & The Muppets' 1979 album A Christmas Together on "Kermit-green" clear vinyl.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23486269&color=000&color=000&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS

It features the full original 13 tracks:

1. Twelve Days of Christmas

2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

3. The Peace Carol

4. ChristmasIs Coming

5. A Baby Just Like You

6. Deck the Halls

7. When The River Meets The Sea

8. Little Saint Nick

9. Noel: Christmas Eve, 1913

10. The Christmas Wish

11. Medley: Alfie, The Christmas Tree; background music: Carol for A Christmas Tree; It's In Every One Of Us

12. Silent Night, Holy Night

13. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

This has been my favorite holiday record for my entire life, so I am pretty stoked to see it reissued. I'm sure it's no accident that this release coincides with the release of The Muppets on the silver screen. It'd be great to see some more classic Muppet music reissued.

I ordered a copy last night, so I haven't seen it in person yet, but it looks like all of the original artwork is included. Hopefully somebody else finds this as exciting as I did!

Emmet Otter!

I'm mostly excited because every original copy I've come across hasn't been in great shape. The copy I own isn't terrible, but it's definitely scuffed to the point of having noticeable pops and one spot that skips, and the sleeve is a little worn. I always have my eyes out for a replacement copy, but I haven't found one in better condition than mine. I'm sure a clean copy exists out there somewhere, but I haven't found one in several years of looking.

I typically prefer black vinyl, but I do think the green vinyl is pretty cool on this since I already have it on black. I wouldn't typically drop this much on a reissue that isn't 180-gram black, but this album holds a special place in my heart, so the prospect of owning a brand new copy of it was too much to resist. That, and I had a 10%-off coupon!

Yeah, the price is unreasonable, to say the least. Though, it seems like UO's vinyl typically goes on clearance within a couple of months after release (I picked up a copy of Van Halen's 1984 reissue there marked down from $24 to $10 and The Clash's London Calling marked down from $22 to $7), so I would imagine the price will drop after the holiday season to be more appropriate.

I was appalled by the price. However, as with the original poster, it's my favorite Christmas album ever - and along with 'Christmas Eve On Sesame Street', the only such album I allow played in the house - and the color was too perfect to pass up.

I hated myself a little, but it was time to replace that old beat up copy anyways.

I bought this on BlkFriday. With that price, i figure i'm single-handedly stimulating the economy: "Support your corporate megastore day!" So what> i shop local all year. What's one day? I know it was expensive, but i bought it anyway for my family to have for xmas this year.

Great album! Love the trans.green color! And it does sound good. Only slight problem: it didn't include the download card inside. I can rip it myself, no big deal, just a timesaver. I contacted the distributor but haven't heard back from them yet... not cool.

I bought She&Him Christmas there too> now that was some impulse shopping!

Only slight problem: it didn't include the download card inside. I can rip it myself, no big deal, just a timesaver. I contacted the distributor but haven't heard back from them yet... not cool.

You can have my code if you want it - I've got the CD as well so I've no need for it.

• 3 weeks later...