PO: Magnetic Fields- Love at the Bottom of the Sea

https://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=847

The Magnetic Fields’ Love at the Bottom of the Sea will be released by Merge Records on March 6. The band’s tenth full-length album is their first release of new material with Merge since 1999’s highly acclaimed 69 Love Songs.

After putting out three synthesizer-free albums, The Magnetic Fields are returning to the signature mix of synth and acoustic sounds they established in the 90s with Merge releases such as The Charm of the Highway Strip and Get Lost. Stephin Merritt has come back to synths with a fresh approach: “Most of the synthesizers on the record didn’t exist when we were last using synthesizers,” he notes. The songs — none over three minutes long — were recorded in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York with Merritt’s usual cast of collaborators: Claudia Gonson, Sam Davol, John Woo, Shirley Simms, Johny Blood and Daniel Handler.

Preorders will ship to arrive on or around the March 6, 2012 release date. The first 300 LPs ordered will be pressed on limited edition (500!), eggshell vinyl. CD and LP preorders will ship with a Magnetic Fields poster (the first 100 will be signed!) and button.

Guest deathbydrums

3 month wait is a bit excessive, I agree. On the other hand, it's sometimes fun to forget you've ordered something and it just appears in the mail. Still... cash in hand is usually better.

Merge updated their site to indicate that the first 100 were sold out.

• 2 months later...

For those that got the autographed poster, what order number did you have? My order was made within the 1st hour and I received this today without an autographed poster. I've already e-mailed Merge, but was just curious, since their website wasn't updated to state that the autographed pre-orders were sold out until 4 hours after I made my order.

For those that got the autographed poster, what order number did you have? My order was made within the 1st hour and I received this today without an autographed poster. I've already e-mailed Merge, but was just curious, since their website wasn't updated to state that the autographed pre-orders were sold out until 4 hours after I made my order.

my order was 55933.