Please Help "BooBoo" victim of pitbull fighting!

Many of you already know I run a veterinary hospital. Last week, we received a pitbull dog who

is an obvious victim of a fighting ring. He has all the hallmarks of having been a "bait dog"

(the ones who are thrown in to be torn to pieces by the dogs being trained to fight)and was in

pretty terrible shape.

He had wounds all over his body, was practically blind, extremely emaciated (starved), and worst

of all, his left hind leg had been either chewed or torn off. He also has valley fever, is anemic, and has

trauma-related partial blindness. Obviously, he required quite a bit of work

over the last 10 days just to stabilize and give him a chance....

[image]

[image]

The good news is he's got a great spirit and is progressing well! Now that the investigation is

well underway with local authorities, I can make his case public and ask for your help in tending

to his needs. We have partnered with a local non-profit rescue group to help cover his current, and future

medical needs. They are a 501c3 registered non-profit, so any donation you make is tax-deductible.

Hit them at: http://www.faircares.org [www.faircares.org] »

Or if you don't need the tax break, you can my hospital to make a direct donation to his

medical bills by credit card at (520)308-4225

You can see some more pictures of this amazing dog, and find a link for needed

donations here on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ACACIA-ANIMAL-HOSPITAL/111389615539367 [www.facebook.com] »

Even the smallest amount will be a huge help!

Thanks so much,

Brendan

Don't have to be vegan (although I have been for almost 21 years now) to have respect for

animals...or to support the efforts people of all persuasions make on behalf of these poor

guys whenever they're in need.

Thanks to any/all of you who are helping spread the word, raise a few bucks, and sending

BooBoo (aka Chocolate Boy) some positive vibes while he works toward recovery.

Link to news story we did today:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/pit-bull-injured-in-dog-fight-rescued-by-good-samaritan/#!prettyPhoto/0/

New picture I took today :)

[image]

holy shit that is horrible.

not to derail this thread but i saw a bunch of posts on facebook about some kids putting a firecracker in a dogs mouth and duct taping the muzzle and lighting the fuse. the pictures were unreal and i couldn't google something that proved it actually happened. just wondering if anyone has truth to that.

it really does break my heart when i see this type of stuff. i grew up a cat person and become a dog lover when i moved in with my wife (girlfriend at the time).