WTB: Say Anything - Is a Real Boy

bluethumb

Oh my. This sparked a lot of conversation.

Yes, I did have three different pressings. Orange, white, and black/green. White, I bought for $60, and sold it for $70 on eBay. I wasn't expecting to even get that much. Black/green, I got in a package deal with a Nirvana record. I sold it for $60 on here, and the next day, one went for $140 plus shipping on eBay. I kept the orange. I wanted to keep them all, and make a collection, but money got pretty tight.

The Devil and God... I got a sealed copy on white back in October on eBay for $35ppd, and ended up trading it to a friend, keithlee, for that orange copy of Is a Real Boy, because I had a black copy coming in that I got off of eBay for $45ppd. I ended up selling that to a guy on Discogs who really wanted it for $60, because I thought I could get a colored copy again for $45, then that plan messed up cuz the prices started going up. I thought the white copies were getting expensive at $70. Now they're at $100+. I got another copy on white that's not in the best condition in a trade. When I get more money, or find someone who'll trade, I'm probably gonna give this copy to my cousin and grab a better copy.

And thus my quest for Brand New vinyl is at a stand still cuz Deja is going for $300+. >.>

Let's all get along!

I do have to agree with Casey, though. $70 for D&G and $100 for Is a Real Boy is a little eBay-ish. But it's also his choice. I personally don't think a white copy of Is a Real Boy would go for $100 on eBay, though.

Most of the people that I have bought from on here are super cool and sell things at reasonable prices. For example, I've seen people on here that want $50-65 for Enema of the State, and I just bought a copy for $30 from someone on the boards no problem.

I guess that Derek guy just really pissed me off a week or so ago when he was like "Blah blah, I don't want insane ebay prices. Blah blah I'd rather a true fan get it," and I offer him $140 for his Vheissu (which I think is inCREDIBLY reasonable for both parties), and he is like "I'll probably take your offer," and then says "Nevermind, I'm putting it on ebay."

Wait. Are we still going on about this?

I'm sorry for seeking advice from a vinyl community, following said advice, and proceeding to make $140 over your "incredibly reasonable" offer. Throw in the fact I started my listing at $0.99, didn't set a reserve, didn't offer an asinine BIN price, and didn't even bump my thread. [Minus the part where I helped a guy score a used copy for a reasonable price.] If all of that makes me an idiot or an asshole, I think I'm okay with it. Especially over a record that you'll wind up buying for $25 next year, when it receives an inevitable repress.

It's time to move on. If you're getting this bent out of shape over an offer that I had entertained for an hour, I dread the day when an eBay seller may actually screw you over.

OP has my apologies for derailing [t]his thread.

I'm defensive because you continue to insist I'm some kind of prick who tells everyone one thing, and then goes back on his word. And not just in my thread, but in various topics throughout VC. And that doesn't fly.

For clarification's sake, I never said I was going to sell to you. I said that you had the best offer out of the various PMs, and that I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I made that very clear. Your actions would be entirely justified had I exclaimed Sold! and given you Paypal information.

But that's not remotely close to what happened. I understand that you're bitter about not being able to own Vheissu at half of it's going-rate. Really, I am, and I sympathize with you. But I'm not a villain for looking at things practically. I tested the waters on VC, considered the various PMs, and weighed it against the eBay advice I was receiving. It's as simple as that.

And for what it's worth, I've been contacting my buyer and keeping close tabs with him. Turns out he's working on completing a Thrice collection of his own, and he was extremely grateful that I was able to provide one of his few missing pieces.

So... because he has deeper pockets than you, you think it's cool to visit completely unrelated threads and slander my name? Were I in your shoes, I would have shrugged my shoulders and gotten over this days ago. I've actually been in your situation, though amplified for the worse; buyers telling me they're going to sell me something when they "go home for the weekend", receiving their Paypal info, etc., only to have them back out at the last second. It's life, and it happens. I don't fault them for it, and I sure as hell don't run around talking shit about them.

*edit*

Curiosity got the best of me, and I referred to my Outbox on the off-chance that I had accidentally implied I'd sell to you. And I literally tell you - twice - that while $140 is a good number, my odds would probably be better on eBay. I even recommended saving your money and waiting on a repress. I also mention that I'd be taking a day or two to decide what I officially wanted to do.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension?

You get riled up way too easy.

I'm going to go slander your name in another completely unrelated thread right now.

All I was getting at is the fact that I'm tired of people saying "I want to sell this, and I don't want to resort to ebay" and then after not getting people offering them ebay prices, they just end up putting it on ebay.

EDIT

Curiosity got the best of me and I went back to look at my post about you in this thread, and I actually say that if "you're looking for at least close-to-ebay prices, you might as well put it up on ebay. What's the point of taking offers on here that aren't ebay prices to just turn around and put it on ebay to GET ebay prices."

That was my only point, Derek. And you were guilty of doing just that.

So quit being a poopy-head and go sell something on ebay. (winky-face)

All this talk on flipping is inspiring me...got this for thirty, but I have an orange copy, if you're looking to blow $150 or some other shit ton of money on this. Just giving you cheaper-than-bay-options.

ha...assuming you have some patience, good luck! Just wait a while. I had to wait a few months or so, but I found that copy for $30 on here. I think this past summer sometime.