USPS Stole My Record

So I ordered an Atlas Moth LP from Brutal Panda and they sent me a tracking number 3 weeks ago. After a week and a half it didn't say anything different, so I mailed them. The label responded and said they don't scan it sometimes. I kind of found it odd, but he was nice and said to mail him again if I don't receive it by years end...I didn't. So another e-mail was sent and he said it got returned back to him and to send him my address, which I did. Today, I got the package and all that was in it was a sleeve from the band Whores. I'm pretty fucking pissed and have never had this happen to me before, but I know its not uncommon. I e-mailed the label again and hopefully I'll get what I ordered this time around. Anyone have a story?

Ordered the last Demon Beat album and the package arrived with all the bubble wrap, inserts and extra posters inside but no record and the box mangled to shit. Have to assume it either fell out or was taken out by someone along the way. Luckily I was able to get a replacement.

two years ago a friend and i pressed a record limited to 100. the box from the plant arrived fine, i merged the records with the jackets & inserts, then shipped half to my friend on the east coast to sell. i sold out quickly, and he was still sitting on 20 of them, so i offered to sell them here and send him the cash.

he shipped 20 back to me with tracking. checking the USPS site from work, it says 'delivered'. awesome. get home - no package. mail carrier has a key, since our boxes are INSIDE the building, so it couldn't have been left outside and snatched.

call USPS. "you live where? oh, that's so-and-so's route. err, he's on vacation. i dunno who's covering for him". call supervisor. "yeah the person covering that route says she delivered it. no you can't have her name. you'll have to complain to the sender". WTF??!?!

100 records + art & inserts = $800

sold to stores at $8/ea to recoup costs

20 records = $160 we lost

on ebay copies were selling for $50 via buy-it-now

FML / FUSPS

two years ago a friend and i pressed a record limited to 100. the box from the plant arrived fine, i merged the records with the jackets & inserts, then shipped half to my friend on the east coast to sell. i sold out quickly, and he was still sitting on 20 of them, so i offered to sell them here and send him the cash.

he shipped 20 back to me with tracking. checking the USPS site from work, it says 'delivered'. awesome. get home - no package. mail carrier has a key, since our boxes are INSIDE the building, so it couldn't have been left outside and snatched.

call USPS. "you live where? oh, that's so-and-so's route. err, he's on vacation. i dunno who's covering for him". call supervisor. "yeah the person covering that route says she delivered it. no you can't have her name. you'll have to complain to the sender". WTF??!?!

FML / FUSPS

What record was it? just curious.

I had a situation the other day. The tracking showed it got delivered at 5:15 pm and I called the post office and told them I was home and it didnt get delivered. The mailman admitted he didnt deliver the record. They have no idea where it went. SUCKS

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago (happened to be the Demon Days record). USPS site said it got delivered, but my mail person had no idea where the package was. About a week later the package was sitting at my front door, I guess whoever it got delivered to was honest enough to deliver it to the right address.

I had a situation the other day. The tracking showed it got delivered at 5:15 pm and I called the post office and told them I was home and it didnt get delivered. The mailman admitted he didnt deliver the record. They have no idea where it went. SUCKS

Same thing happened to me.

FML / FUSPS

Sorry to hear this, but what you're saying is he sent 20 records without insurance? Anything over $100 or that you can't afford to lose should be shipped with insurance. Sucks you had to learn the hard way..

Ordered the last Demon Beat album and the package arrived with all the bubble wrap, inserts and extra posters inside but no record and the box mangled to shit. Have to assume it either fell out or was taken out by someone along the way. Luckily I was able to get a replacement.

Bullshit Walks...out of its package

Sorry to hear this, but what you're saying is he sent 20 records without insurance? Anything over $100 or that you can't afford to lose should be shipped with insurance. Sucks you had to learn the hard way..

pretty sure they were insured, but they weren't 'lost or damaged'. they were 'delivered'. i'm also served by the 2nd lowest ranked post office in the country [60647 w00t!], where they threaten to have you arrested if you "talk back" to the folks at the counter.

i can't tell you how many times i've watched people bring in package claim slips only to be told that it 'isn't [t]here'.

pretty sure they were insured, but they weren't 'lost or damaged'. they were 'delivered'. i'm also served by the 2nd lowest ranked post office in the country [60647 w00t!], where they threaten to have you arrested if you "talk back" to the folks at the counter.

i can't tell you how many times i've watched people bring in package claim slips only to be told that it 'isn't [t]here'.

What I wouldn't give to hang out in the back room with the postal workers that steal shit.