Plain white dust jacket w/ rounded corners

Made in EU

Catalog #: 424-425-1

Bar code: 0720642442517

BIEM/MCPS

DGC

Matrix: "Nevermind 001" / "Nevermind "002"

(not 100% sure but it feels like 180g)

I've searched high and low for which pressing this is... closest I can figure out, it was either a repress from 2001, 2008, or 2011. What's making it real tough is that I can't find any info about copies on purple.

Any Nirvana buffs on here?

I did last night... Nothing about my copy. I've been searching every site with Nirvana pressing info and haven't found anything yet. One site told me 500 were pressed on purple (along with 3 other colors, all /500) and it gave extensive info about matrix/bar code/cat # but they didn't fit with this copy I bought.

totally weird.

hell, it could be that record. "mauve" is a little vague. could pass as purple.

I think my copy is the one described as mauve - the pic on that site just makes it look a lot lighter. Plus, this copy came from a reputable record store who aren't really in the bootleg business. Another reason I don't think it's a boot is due to the great sound quality.

Sound quality has nothing to do with whether it could be a boot or not. A wacky color from "Europe" says a lot more than SQ. The bootleg AEnima pressing sounds good. Obviously I don't know what it is as i didn't press it or have a hand in it's release. Just my opinion until something official is said.

Lots of stores that don't sell bootlegs sell them every once in a while. Indie stores that deal with a lot of distributors are bound to get taken by them accidentally.

Just last week I had to tell the clerk at my local shop that the new copy of The Killers - Hot Fuss he offered to order for me was an "unofficial release". It happens.