things to do in LA

Go to user matt's hipster apartment and fuck up all his records and call him a Jew. And then take his dog because he is awesome.

Brent is a dummy and has never been to California. However, my dog is awesome.

LA is very sprawling and you'll be on the opposite side of the city to where I'm at. If you head over to Silverlake/Los Feliz/Echo Park the bars I'd say are the Cha Cha Lounge, The Gold Room, and The Dresden.

I think most of the attractions have been hit so I'll go with what I know best, food.

Pizza - Tomato Pie, best slice you'll find in LA. Dudes are from NY and bring in water from NYC for the dough.

Mexican - King Taco, El Atacor, and Manuel's Tepeyac. You absolutely can't NOT get Mexican food when you're here.

Milkshakes - Millions of Milkshakes in W Hollywood. Do it.

I love, love, love that The Pantry was mentioned. Other diners to hit up are Swingers and Fred 62. Both are open super late.

Pink's Hot Dogs - Do this too

I'll probably think of a ton more food places.

If for some reason you haven't had In N Out that's also a must, duh.

Yeah, i totally forgot about IN N' Out.. Fatburger too.

Fred 62 has a awesome tuna melt..mmmmm tuna melt.

there use to be a diner right next to kabuki and borders off of sunset and vine, that if you went to the parking lot and walked down a few lots there were like 50 classic (40s-60's) classic cars all parked there in the lot. it was fuckin' nuts. but i don't know if they're there anymore, but these cars were mint.

Matt or anyone know the name of that place? Speaking of i ate at Kabuki regularly, not a bad place to eat if you like sushi.

Go to user matt's hipster apartment and fuck up all his records and call him a Jew. And then take his dog because he is awesome.

Brent is a dummy and has never been to California. However, my dog is awesome.

LA is very sprawling and you'll be on the opposite side of the city to where I'm at. If you head over to Silverlake/Los Feliz/Echo Park the bars I'd say are the Cha Cha Lounge, The Gold Room, and The Dresden.

I think most of the attractions have been hit so I'll go with what I know best, food.

Pizza - Tomato Pie, best slice you'll find in LA. Dudes are from NY and bring in water from NYC for the dough.

Mexican - King Taco, El Atacor, and Manuel's Tepeyac. You absolutely can't NOT get Mexican food when you're here.

Milkshakes - Millions of Milkshakes in W Hollywood. Do it.

I love, love, love that The Pantry was mentioned. Other diners to hit up are Swingers and Fred 62. Both are open super late.

Pink's Hot Dogs - Do this too

I'll probably think of a ton more food places.

If for some reason you haven't had In N Out that's also a must, duh.

thanks that sounds good too, im curious about Ray's Mistake at the tiki, i love beer but im a closet sucker for cocktails.

They're playing a club show in LA before Coachella...also a little birdy told me another recently reunited post-hardcore band is looking to play in Pomona before the festival but I can't say anything more cause I don't wanna jinx it.

thats be awesome, we switched to the second weekend after the news came out that very few passes were selling for the first one. i know its stupid but i kinda wanted to see the first time they played again. i was worried they might have such a shitty show they just break up again before the 2nd one.

I used to go for work a bunch. Eat mexican all the time was the first rule for me and sort of only rule. Those spots someone else mentioned are good places to hit.

Some other shit that I thought was cool to visit or do if your from out of town is:

Sunken City in San Pedro.

Driving Muholland

Observatory

The LA Public Library

looks like were renting a beachhouse in santa monica. its gonna be easy to travel to west hollywood by cab when we get drunk and leave the car home. so far our only sure activity is going for a trek in the hills.. someone mentioned santa monica hills and runyan canyon, whichever one. LACMA looks like a nice place too.

thanks for the ideas! keep em coming, were going to add all the restaurants to google map so we have somewhere to eat/drink wherever we are