They're Only Chasing Safety repress chances

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good.. just sold mine recently. and even though it didnt get that many spins in the first place, its still one of those albums that just kind of belongs in my collection.

make it happen trav!

..this also reminds me. why hasnt anberlin - never take friendship ever been pressed? i feel like that would go very quickly at ht

Although I want all my vinyl to be 180 gram black.

what's better about 180 gram black than 140 gram black or 180 gram blue?

I was about to ask this. I've never gotten the obsession with thicker gram records (I have a 220 gram 2xLP of a Cramps radio show and it sounds no different from a 180 or 140 or less).

180g is a crock of overpriced shit. It doesn't sound better. It's a myth.

I just prefer black. Its just a preference.

180 gram just because I have had much much better luck of my vinyl not being warped or any wave. Also having a heavy record helps keeping the record flat on the platter? You cant say you disagree that weight on a record helps keep the record flat on the platter. Put pressure don't in the center and you notice the side flatten out. Wouldn't that added weight in theory be better? Better sounding... I don't know. I don't have the best speakers or player to probably even notice that even if it were marginal.

As a lover of Broken Circles your response kinda sucks. As I just received an order from you and my Zao self tiled has a wave in it. Maybe you should reconsider your stance on 180 gram? Possibly? Its not bad enough to go through the hassle of returning it or making a stink. My Liberate has the same thing. Fortunately my favorite which is Blood and Fire is perfectly straight.

The only thing that 180g does is help prevent warping. The depth of the grooves has no bearing on the fidelity.

I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of keeping it flat on the platter. I've never had a record not be flat on a platter. I don't think weight would have anything to do with that. A piece of paper is going to lay flat regardless of how thick it is.

Sorry we don't agree but I am not going to chance my stance nor will I ever press a 180g record. It's a waste of resources and money. I've been collecting records for almost a decade now and have noticed that people that are new all think that 180g is somehow superior. It's not regardless of what everyone else tells you. I don't want to pay $2-3 more per record with a minimal added benefit. It's going to sound the same as a 140g record, and to me, that's the most important part.

Like I said. Warping is why I want it.

I like your releases. But mine are wavy. I would gladly pay you $5 more for each covering your cost if there was a 180 gram option for people like me.

Again if there really was a small sound difference I doubt most people could even hear it with the speakers, receiver and turntable they have.

I just don't like dropping money on something that is brand new and damaged. I have 3 Moving Mountains records all wavy. My thrice Major and Minor same thing. My Zao records other than blood and fire.

I know its hard to get a record perfectly straight in processing. But I have had better luck of getting a nice straight record with 180 gram.

So with all this. I think we do agree.

If you change your mind on pressing 180 gram I would buy all your Zao releases on that! :)

PS . Keep pressing good records!

Also Hands is by far my favorite release of the past year. I got the black from you. Thanks!