Question about Amazon

I ordered Alice in Chains "Dirt" on vinyl on Jan 19th. They shipped it on Jan 20th. Now just to see if it had sold out or not I checked later on the 20th to see the price had dropped by 18 bucks. I looked to see if there is a way to email them asking about the price difference but I couldn't find one. Is there anyway they would give me the price difference as a refund? Or should I just return it then buy the lower priced one?

I ordered Alice in Chains "Dirt" on vinyl on Jan 19th. They shipped it on Jan 20th. Now just to see if it had sold out or not I checked later on the 20th to see the price had dropped by 18 bucks. I looked to see if there is a way to email them asking about the price difference but I couldn't find one. Is there anyway they would give me the price difference as a refund? Or should I just return it then buy the lower priced one?

they used to pricematch (in general), but they don't now

It might depend on whether you purchased it directly from amazon or through one of their marketplace sellers. If you went straight through amazon it will probably be easier to return but if you got it from a seller you might be responsible for paying to ship it back or they might not allow returns.

Let this story serve it's purpose:

I bought a sweater from Amazon for Christmas for myself. It was 27.99. I never opened it or even tried it on, just didn't want it. Returned it within a few days after the new year. Because it was on sale at the time, even though I paid 27.99, I got 24.99 because that's the sale price.

If you try to return this while it's on sale, they'll refund you the sale price.

Amazon's customer support is really good, so you might be able to get them to refund the difference. They automatically did it for me on a movie last year that dropped like $5 a few days after I ordered it.

They just got back to me here is what they said.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change was significant and the item was just shipped from us. Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $14.55 (including tax).

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PRICE GUARANTEE?

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

Well I'm happy with that.

wow, that's pretty good that you got the price drop applied retroactively. i bought a fred perry shirt for my husband this past summer via amazon and shortly after i bought it, the price went down about $10-15 so i asked if they could give me the difference back and they said no, citing the "why don't you have a price guarantee?" bit from their policy.