WTB: Arcade Fire - Funeral, sealed, 2004 release

Guest acoustic

records are meant to be listened to, not to sit on a shelf never being opened or played. they aren't action figures from the 70s.

ill never understand why people buy records and don't listen to them.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't valid. Damn this is the worst forum ever... sooooo many trolls!

you realize that youre the closest thing this thread has to a troll.. dont you?

someone needs to make a meme for clueless forum lurker.

"SOMEONE TALKS BACK... >:(TROLL!!!!!"

I'm sure you've heard this before, but that shrinkwrap is going to start bending the jacket and possibly warping the record in a few years, so if you're getting a copy for preservation's sake, you'd be better off finding a well-taken care of copy and putting it in a high-quality sleeve.

I have heard of this but never understood it. How is it that this happens? Is it simply heat that somehow causes pressure of the plastic to contract? I guess what I dont understand is it were true that leaving vinyl in the shrinkwrap caused warping how do things like this even happen? v

http://www.popsike.com/BEATLES-LET-IT-BE-BOX-LP-with-book-SEALED/150383734762.html

and

http://www.popsike.com/BEATLES-vs4-SEASONSSEALED-ORIG-64-VJ-MONO-LP-wPOSTER/140425287835.html

I mean if that principle was a commonly accepted fact wouldnt it just never be done and furthermore wouldnt buyers have no desire to buy records that are sealed and decades old? Also if it was heat that was causing it then wouldnt it be okay to do this if the records would kept in a temperature controlled environment and stored properly? I honestly dont know about this subject and am trying to understand it ha.

It's good rationale, the problem is this douche was looking for an Arcade Fire record, and those two are sealed copies (probably limited to less than a couple hundred copies of still sealed in the world) of rare Beatles records.

How do you know that Arcade Fire won't be the next Beatles? How do you know that there's not only a couple hundred sealed copies of Funeral left. I don't really understand how that guy was being a douche. What he's doing is no different than variant collecting. After looking at your tradelist it looks like you collect some variants. I'm sure you listen to all of those right?

yes. temperature/humidity controlled storage will help the plastic wrap from shrinking. It also has a lot to do with the thickness and type of plastic wrap used to seal the record, as well as what kind of cover the album has. There certainly are records that have been sealed for decades, and still look smooth and perfect. There are records that were just released in the past couple of years, that i notice are already curling the corners.

its not a general across the board problem. but it definitely exists.

also, if you really care about a sealed record, just take your already open one to office max. They will seal it for you for about a buck.

i definitely know people who have done this and then sold the records for big bucks on ebay to lametards who think it makes a difference.

It's good rationale, the problem is this douche was looking for an Arcade Fire record, and those two are sealed copies (probably limited to less than a couple hundred copies of still sealed in the world) of rare Beatles records.

How do you know that Arcade Fire won't be the next Beatles? How do you know that there's not only a couple hundred sealed copies of Funeral left. I don't really understand how that guy was being a douche. What he's doing is no different than variant collecting. After looking at your tradelist it looks like you collect some variants. I'm sure you listen to all of those right?

Every record I receive I listen to at least once. I have a stack of "to be listened to."

I don't know that Arcade Fire won't be the next Beatles but I have 40 years to give me a good idea that the Beatles are the exception, not the general rule. And, so far, the indication is that AF are not as good as the fucking Beatles.

As far as collecting, sealed records go for more. Matter of fact, I picked up a sealed Joan Baez record at a thrift store the other day for $1. I will sell it for $10, maybe. Not exactly the same spectrum of increase as the Beatles have versus AF.

Every record I receive I listen to at least once. I have a stack of "to be listened to."

I don't know that Arcade Fire won't be the next Beatles but I have 40 years to give me a good idea that the Beatles are the exception, not the general rule. And, so far, the indication is that AF are not as good as the fucking Beatles.

As far as collecting, sealed records go for more. Matter of fact, I picked up a sealed Joan Baez record at a thrift store the other day for $1. I will sell it for $10, maybe. Not exactly the same spectrum of increase as the Beatles have versus AF.

Subjectively speaking, I consider Arcade Fire to be better than The Beatles.

I'm guessing that you talk shit on flippers as well, but you're talking about buying a record that you bought with the intent to sell. I don't understand the mentality behind a lot of the posters on this board. The only reason I called you out was because you acted like a dickhead to a new poster. Instead of welcoming someone to a community, you turned him away because you didn't agree with how he bought records. There's always going to be the person that's in it for the hobby and not in it for the music

Just got done reading that thread and it seems that acoustic was very in the wrong there. I just don't understand why somethingvinyl keeps coming back to this thread to rag on him after he's already deleted his account. Especially for things as trivial as buying a shrink wrapped first press that he won't listen to, as opposed to a pressing he would listen to.

Gonna have to use it again today. #whitepeopleproblems

Objectively speaking, The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time.

I keep coming back into the thread because it hasn't died, new conversations happen. And, they're conversations I'm interested in partaking in.

My comment about him being a douche was unnecessary but added due to the fact that I had a number of PM's exchanged with him where he cussed me out for not selling him a record at a price that he thought was reasonable.

As far as your flipper-shit talking assumption, it just depends on the situation. Yes, I've said ugly things about flippers before. Yes, I buy records to flip sometimes. No, sometimes I don't say anything because I could care less. My side job is selling vinyl at record shows to make extra money. Flipping goes hand-in-hand. But I try to not lie and if someone asks, I'm honest about it.