FLATFOOT 56 "Black Thorn" <REPRESS>

I really want to love this band, but after watching a couple interviews of them on youtube, totally turned off on the band and stopped listening after their last album came out. Good tunes for sure, but damn...

What turned you off on them? I've played with them quite a few times. Super nice dudes.

they are awesome dudes, I will say that, couldn't possibly say a bad thing about Tobin and Kyle.

I'm just not into celtic street punk at all, that style is about as played out as you can get, and I don't believe in god, so there's that... but Tobin and Kyle...seriously the NICEST people in the world.

they at one point had a bagpipe player, he might still be in the band, that dude sucks(ed)

yeah, they seem like nice guys and I was into the songs before I knew they were christian. It's funny how you think a song could be about a girl or something else and it's one thing, then when you figure out they're singing about god and jesus, eh, kinda lost it for me.

Do you mind if I ask why? Isn't music about portraying the things you care about? I am a Christian myself and listen to plenty of bands that aren't. Sure the band might have one meaning but it doesn't mean you can't put your own meaning to a song.

I talked to em for a little and they're pretty cool.

I don't mind if you're into religion. I have a couple of good friends that are religious. But when you start trying to shove it down my throat, talking down to me because I'm not 100% into it and thinking of me as a lesser person because of it, that's when we got a problem.

I talked to em for a little and they're pretty cool.

I don't mind if you're into religion. I have a couple of good friends that are religious. But when you start trying to shove it down my throat, talking down to me because I'm not 100% into it and thinking of me as a lesser person because of it, that's when we got a problem.

Agreed. They weren't ones that seemed to be shoving anything on people. At least not that I saw.

It's funny, I used to see these dudes a good back five or six years ago. Always nice guys.

I used to be a Christian but these days I'd say I'm more in line with agnostic beliefs since I'm not sure what *is* out there, oddly enough though, I still listen to tons and tons and tons of "Christian" stuff (early Tooth and Nail Records, mid 90's Xian modern rock, etc). The basic tenants of Christ (being good to each other, being charitable towards the less fortunate, being responsible for yr own actions and not judging others, etc) I can try to get behind (regardless of how often I fail in carrying those things out) - it's just the science of it (or the lack thereof) that trips me up.

yeah, they seem like nice guys and I was into the songs before I knew they were christian. It's funny how you think a song could be about a girl or something else and it's one thing, then when you figure out they're singing about god and jesus, eh, kinda lost it for me.

Do you mind if I ask why? Isn't music about portraying the things you care about? I am a Christian myself and listen to plenty of bands that aren't. Sure the band might have one meaning but it doesn't mean you can't put your own meaning to a song.

I don't mind singing along to a song if it's about some girl or a broken relationship, etc. But it just weirds me out when it's about god/jesus/etc. It's not something I believe in for the most part, I'd consider myself agnostic and most religion rubs me the wrong way. Would you be okay singing along to a satanic/atheist band? A song is a song at the end of the day, but knowing the actual meaning to the words puts a different spin on things for me. There are bands I listen to that would consider themselves christian, but as long as they're songs aren't preachy, I'm okay with it...

Does any of that makes sense? I dunno...

We shot a video for these dudes after the Tossers recommended us. Super solid guys. Not my type of music at all. Their dad's their manager which had the potential to be weird, but he was also cool. I'm not a Christian, and I could see the potential for these guys getting a bit evangelical, but nothing bad to say about them from my experience.

I don't mind singing along to a song if it's about some girl or a broken relationship, etc. But it just weirds me out when it's about god/jesus/etc. It's not something I believe in for the most part, I'd consider myself agnostic and most religion rubs me the wrong way. Would you be okay singing along to a satanic/atheist band? A song is a song at the end of the day, but knowing the actual meaning to the words puts a different spin on things for me. There are bands I listen to that would consider themselves christian, but as long as they're songs aren't preachy, I'm okay with it...

Does any of that makes sense? I dunno...

It's cool, I get what your sayin