The Ocean - The Grand Inquisitor 10" Ep

Pelagic Records release ltd. THE OCEAN - THE GRAND INQUiSITOR 10" EP - feat. previously unreleased track

THE GRAND INQUISITOR is a 10" vinyl E.P. featuring the 3 "Grand Inquisitor" - tracks from current album "Anthropocentric", as well as the 4th, previously unreleased chapter entitled "The Grand Inquisitor IV - Exclusion From Redemption". This 7-minutes track is thematically completing the "Grand Inquisitor" - series, which makes reference to the

chapter of the same title in Fyodor Dostoyevsky's novel The Brothers Karamasov.

The Legend of the Grand Inquisitor finds Christ in medieval Seville during the Spanish Inquisition, healing the sick and raising the dead. He is captured and sentenced to be burned at the stake. The Grand Inquisitor, who questions Christ, views his presence as an encroachment in his own work: by rejectingthe Devil's 3 temptations, the grand inquisitor argues, Christ is consciously and willingly depriving humanity of happiness - for the sake of freedom, which entails suffering.

The grand inquisitor, representing the church, claims to have “corrected Thy work, and founded it upon miracle, mystery, and authority”; corresponding to the three temptations

of the Devil – under the false guise of Christ himself. Humanity is not meant to ever be free, the grand inquisitor argues. By denying man freedom, him and his church are providing for his happiness.

The lyrics of "The Grand Inquisitor IV - Exclusion From Redemption" make reference

to the grand inquisitor's ideas and to his fierce speech about Christ's naive notion of

humanity and his uncompassionate ideal of freedom.

Two different artists visualized the grand inquisitor for us: Dawid Piprek from Berlin and Chris Smith from Pittsburgh.The result showcases the individual artists' very different take on the subject: Piprek's stark pencil-drawing captures the smug, authoritative gesture of the grand inquisitor, holding his hands over the cathedral of Seville.

Smith's coloured approach, in contrast, depicts the inquisitor as a hermit, who, much like jesus, went out to the wilderness himself, before wising up: "I too have been in the wilderness, I too lived on roots and locusts, I too prized the freedom with which Thou hast blessed us… But I awakened and would not serve madness."

THE GRAND INQUiSITOR 10

artwork by Chris Smith

[image]

2-colour-split vinyl (brown / clear)

lavish double-sided 6-colour silk-screen print on thick 650 (!) g natural cardboard

(typical vinyl gatefold cardboard is 300 g), including 3 special metallic inks (brass, gold and brown).

lyrics printed on back-side - strictly limited to 151 hand-numbered copies

comes with download coupon for "The Grand Inquisitor IV: Exclusion From Redemption"

THE GRAND INQUiSITOR 10

artwork by Dawid Piprek

[image]

2-colour-split vinyl (brown / clear)

rasterized double-sided 1-colour silk-screen print on thick 2-coloured cardboard

(frontside grey, backside white)

logo silk-screened in 2 extra print-runs onto the PVC overbags!

strictly limited to 151 hand-numbered copies

comes with download coupon for "The Grand Inquisitor IV: Exclusion From Redemption"

The EP is strictly limited to 302 hand-numbered copies. The covers have been silk-screen printed by hand. Every piece is unique. Both versions come with a unique download coupon for the unreleased track. The track will not be available elsewhere. Support artists by buying music and artwork as physical product.

pre-order your copy now at www.pelagic-records.com/shop

Below some pictures that show the stages of the silk-screening process.

It was great fun, props to Olli for doing an amazing job with this challenging project!!!

THE GRAND INQUiSITOR 10

[image]

:D

Would anyone be interested if I imported some records for Pelagic? I can't get this 10" but I can get pretty much anything else and it will be much cheaper. Probably less than $85 for the Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box and $18 for the single LPs (Fogdiver, Age of The Fifth Sun, Exit Eden...).

Would anyone be interested if I imported some records for Pelagic? I can't get this 10" but I can get pretty much anything else and it will be much cheaper. Probably less than $85 for the Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box and $18 for the single LPs (Fogdiver, Age of The Fifth Sun, Exit Eden...).

Definitely down for any GIAA.

monsterrod, serum7, and bluedeni, what exactly would you want? As soon as I figure out what you guys would be into I'll place an order.

Sorry, I just saw you put that you couldn't get the new 10". I was interested in that and Fogdiver.

Yeah, I can't get the 10" because it's almost sold out already.

If you want the Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box (should be about $85) or the Precambrian 3xLP (should be about $32) I need to know. Those LPs are really heavy so they add a TON onto the postage cost. I should have enough of the other LPs to go around (God Is An Astronaut - Age of The Fifth Sun, The Ocean - Fogdiver and Earthship - Exit Eden.)

OK, here's who I have down so far.

Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box - theinkd, bluedeni

Precambrian - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh

Fogdiver - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh, serum7

Age of The Fifth Sun - lexicondevil

For Death, Glory and the End of the World - bluedeni

Get in touch here or PM me soon to guarantee the records you want - I'll have an order placed by the end of the week.

OK, here's who I have down so far.

Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box - theinkd, bluedeni

Precambrian - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh

Fogdiver - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh, serum7

For Death, Glory and the End of the World - bluedeni

Get in touch here or PM me soon to guarantee the records you want - I'll have an order placed by the end of the week.

You can put me down for a copy of Fogdiver as well. I would prefer the blue/ white, but the other would be okay if you can't get it.

Heliocentric/Anthropocentric 4xLP box - theinkd, bluedeni, monsterrod, planetrakis

Precambrian - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh, monsterrod

Fogdiver - bluedeni, itsaidarrgh, serum7, monsterrod, lexicondevil, planetrakis

For Death, Glory and the End of the World - bluedeni, monsterrod

I have to cut this off, the package will be quite hefty with these alone. I'll have extra of the GIAA and Fogdiver LPs and one extra 4xLP box. Just put in the order.

By the way, I was told there should be another pressing of The Grand Inquisitor 10" soon.