PO: Big Star Third Test Press CLEAR 500 Only

Omnivore Recordings, who made the Black Vinyl version for Record Store Day last April; have released exclusively on their webstore a CLEAR VINYL versiion of Big Star's Third Test Press Edition.

From the website:

"As our first webstore exclusive, we have 500 copies of Big Star Third [Test Pressing Edition] pressed on 180-gram clear vinyl. Same awesome cut and pressing as the black vinyl Record Store Day version, same cool inserts, same cool packaging—a second bite of the apple for those who got shut out on Record Store Day! Limit one per customer."

Considering the RSD version was limited to 2000 and this is only 500, this is pretty good deal.

Price is $60 and that includes shipping (Free Priority Mail) and handling in the US. They do ship overseas too, FYI.

http://omnivorerecordings.com/shop/records/big-star1/

The one from the 90s was remastered btw

Well, the one from the 90s has a totally different track order meant to redesign the album to the original intentions but I much prefer the original PVC order which peaks both sides with a warm track that gives the sequencing a more natural progression of tone. I will probably pick this up at some point, but I'd much rather have the original PVC LP from 78.

Test Pressing Edition? ::)

It got this name as when it came out for RSD they put some actual test presses from the original pressing in the 2000 unmarked. So everyone had a chance of getting an actual test pressing of the album and they designed the cover to look the way it was originally. A pretty cool idea actually, a lot better than just selling them on ebay like most labels do.