Cut Up Cardboard box mailing method

if you're using 2 pieces of cardboard, make sure the corrugation for the two pieces runs perpendicular to each other to improve stiffness.

Yup! Funny you brought this up, but I focus on that. If I ever HAVE to use cardboard, I make sure it's really thick, and I set them up perpindicular. I can make some nice mailers out of good cardboard. I disagree with this thread almost entirely, with the only exception being that for more valuable records, you have to use a regular boxed record mailer with bubble wrap and all that jazz.

seriously. do you people not reuse mailers?! ???

I have boxes, 7" and 12" mailers and tons of bubble wrap and cardboard pads for mailing records. reduce, reuse, recycle.

if anyone in Minneapolis would like some free, clean and readily reusable mailers, get at me. I have a bunch to donate.

I have countlesssssssssss LP mailers, but for some reason no 7" ones! It confuses me as to why this is. I always save my mailers and flip them inside out. I even reuse already reused mailers by ripping existing stickers/postage off.

for the most part I haven't had any issues with records getting damaged from being sent sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard. The bigger issue is that the people that usually do this don't take the record out of the sleeve and you end up with a huge gash on one seam from the record cutting through.

$2 cost of a real mailer at a nameless local shop.

Jackpot Records? I was in a pinch on vacation and had to mail some records back home...I am still made about that 4 dollars!

I think it's ridicule to throw away a perfectly good mailer that can be reused unless you're an official store. !

Whats an official store? But yeah adding my voice to the chorus of people reusing mailers I do it all the time and I have never had an issue. Although I do reinforce the corners too though so maybe that helps....people just don't give a shit most of the time.

[image]

Man, I had over 200 LP mailers, most used only once, from records I bought. I sold stuff too, but bought way more than I sold. I listed them on Craigslist free section... just hoping they would get used by someone. After the EIGHTH person was a no-show to pick them up, I just put them in the recycling. I hate throwing usable stuff away.