Offers: Coheed - In Keeping Secrets x4

thefence2113

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you posted this around less than an hour ago, and it's already been read 220+ times. damn, people really want this record. ha, ha.

true, but not a variant lot that the dude probably wants at least $500 for.

this needs to be repressed.

edit:

not trying to ruin your sale, this is just how i feel.

best of luck selling these.

you posted this around less than an hour ago, and it's already been read 220+ times. damn, people really want this record. ha, ha.

true, but not a variant lot that the dude probably wants at least $500 for.

this needs to be repressed.

edit:

not trying to ruin your sale, this is just how i feel.

best of luck selling these.

I completely agree. I have around $600 through cash and trade invested into this...and lately these have been going for between $200-275 each. I've considered selling my entire Coheed collection for the extra money, but only if I can turn a profit.

In the near future I plan to add an entire list of all my Coheed items (350+) with separate prices...but for now I'm just trying to see what kind of offers I can stir up over these 4 particular records. I really love my Coheed collection. They're my favorite band, but as a lot of people know the thrill is in the hunt. Now that I have almost everything, I kinda want to sell it all and start on a new collection/hobby. Any suggestions?

I'm not trying to be a dick at all, but if you are trying to turn a profit, why not break it up? Generally, lots should go for less than if each record were to be sold individually. It's not like selling 4 records is that much work.
You're right, but for now I'm okay with keeping them if I can't get what I feel like they're worth. At the moment I couldn't sell them individually. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Later if/when I decide to sell the entire collection, it will be broken up but for now I just wanted to see what I could get for the lot.

I'd consider offering on one, but the whole lot is just... a shitton of money. If I had it, though. :P And plus, I'm assuming/hoping this gets a repress next year.
I hope so too...if that happens I may just hold onto everything for a while. I'm figuring if it represses, it'll drop the price down some...but eventually maybe it'll go back up.

I'd consider offering on one, but the whole lot is just... a shitton of money. If I had it, though. :P And plus, I'm assuming/hoping this gets a repress next year.
I hope so too...if that happens I may just hold onto everything for a while. I'm figuring if it represses, it'll drop the price down some...but eventually maybe it'll go back up.

I imagine it'll drop the price down a good bit for a while.

I imagine it'll drop the price down a good bit for a while.

That's what I'm afraid of, but originals always drive a bit of a higher premium...and eventually they're bound to go back up.

I wouldn't count on it. Go to collector's frenzy or popsike and sort by date for Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica. The repress brought the average price of a first press from about $90 or so down to like $25. Not exact numbers, but that's just from eyeballing.

I don't really care though. It's your stuff, do whatever makes you happy. Just don't kick yourself when these get repressed in a year, and the $600 investment that you could bank on now turns into a $400 loss.

I wouldn't count on it. Go to collector's frenzy or popsike and sort by date for Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica. The repress brought the average price of a first press from about $90 or so down to like $25. Not exact numbers, but that's just from eyeballing.

I don't really care though. It's your stuff, do whatever makes you happy. Just don't kick yourself when these get repressed in a year, and the $600 investment that you could bank on now turns into a $400 loss.

Fortunately for me, I'm a huge fan of Coheed. So, if the value were to drop down to nothing, I'd still be okay with just sentimental value...as I look back on their first album, though, even after the repress...the original is still really expensive. If these were just rare records by some band I really didn't care about, I'd take all of this into consideration. If they repress, maybe they'll press multiple colors and I can just add those to the collection. Then, I wouldn't even be worried about selling.

No offense, but you're asking ebay prices for 4 records all at once. I don't think you'll get that here, and if you were to auction them on ebay as a lot, I don't think you'd get $900 for them either.

I made an honest offer of $650 and was declined. I'd even go $700, but I'm sure that would be declined as well.