Offers: Coheed - In Keeping Secrets x4

thefence2113

I'm think no less than $900

Interesting number. Let's look at the last 4 auctions and their prices from popsike.com:

Clear went for $205 on 11/30/11

Blue/Grey went for $300 on 11/27/11

Black went for $230 on 10/21/11

Orange/White went for $230 on 10/17/11

Grand total is $965.

But what you fail to calculate are Ebay and Paypal fees, which combined take nearly 40% of your total sales.

Therefore, if you were to sell this set on Ebay, as shown above, you'd net about $580. So *that* should be the number you have in your head, but I doubt you'd ever sell the set for $575 or $600.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting number. Let's look at the last 4 auctions and their prices from popsike.com:

Grand total is $965.

But what you fail to calculate are Ebay and Paypal fees, which combined take nearly 40% of your total sales.

Therefore, if you were to sell this set on Ebay, as shown above, you'd net about $580. So *that* should be the number you have in your head, but I doubt you'd ever sell the set for $575 or $600.

Seems like a fair number but out of $965, eBay and PayPal didn't keep $365. I have around $600 invested myself and the prices have only gone up. I'm not trying to make a big time profit but I know what I have and what they're worth. I also know how rarely you find someone with all 4. If I were selling them strictly to a Coheed fan I wouldn't mind dropping the price a little, but after all, this is a vinyl forum. I'm not too passionate about selling these but if the right price were to come I'd let them go. I'm not going to take a loss just because I paid less than what they're worth now. You wouldn't sell an old car for its original price.

Grand total is $965.

Ebay fees are 9 percent. Paypal is 2.9%

Thats a little off from 40 percent

Grand total is $965.

Ebay fees are 9 percent. Paypal is 2.9%

Thats a little off from 40 percent

My point exactly.

This guy isn't budging for less than $900. Don't bother.
Who in their right mind would sell 4 records worth approximately $200-300 each for only $650? That leaves me only making $50 more than what I originally paid. All I can say is good luck putting a collection of all 4 together for less.

Grand total is $965.

Seems like a fair number but out of $965, eBay and PayPal didn't keep $365. I have around $600 invested myself and the prices have only gone up. I'm not trying to make a big time profit but I know what I have and what they're worth. I also know how rarely you find someone with all 4. If I were selling them strictly to a Coheed fan I wouldn't mind dropping the price a little, but after all, this is a vinyl forum. I'm not too passionate about selling these but if the right price were to come I'd let them go. I'm not going to take a loss just because I paid less than what they're worth now. You wouldn't sell an old car for its original price.

Selling them strictly to a coheed fan?

Who do you think is paying 900 dollars..some guy who just heard them on youtube?

i loved this band religiously when they were still on the up and up and everyone was still making fun of claudio's voice (i remember seeing them with thursday and thrice right around when this record came out, what a trip). even though their last two records are turds, i maintain that this and second stage are nearly perfect in every way. i think at one point i would've paid quite a bit of money for an IKSSE vinyl, not to mention all the variations! sorry for the self-indulgence but your thread/picture gave me a nostalgia boner. i miss those days! good luck on the sell.

people 'round these parts don't dish out for records like that. Put the set on ebay and cross your fingers.

I hope he does, because I bet I could get them for WAY cheaper than $650 on there. And then he's got fees to pay on top of it.

But honestly, if he put them on ebay and didn't get the number he wanted, he'd still just not sell them.

I hate threads like this. I have records people want, so shoot me offers, and then declines legit realistic offers because they aren't the equivalent of ebay prices.

people 'round these parts don't dish out for records like that. Put the set on ebay and cross your fingers.

I hope he does, because I bet I could get them for WAY cheaper than $650 on there. And then he's got fees to pay on top of it.

But honestly, if he put them on ebay and didn't get the number he wanted, he'd still just not sell them.

I hate threads like this. I have records people want, so shoot me offers, and then declines legit realistic offers because they aren't the equivalent of ebay prices.

dude..move on

dude..move on

You got it, Denver.

dude..move on

As I've stated, I'm a collector and I'd sell these if I was offered a price I consider reasonable. If you intended on paying me $650, and you think that's what you can get em for on eBay, then by all means go to eBay. I have a feeling you'd be disappointed, though. I never said I'd accept a "legit realistic offer". I said I'd consider something close to what I have in my mind. ...and to me $650 is neither legit nor realistic. According to popsike, I can get roughly between $1000 and $1100 and even considering an 11% charge for fees, I'm still left at $900, which is where I'm comfortable. Sorry if that's out of your price range, but no one is forcing you to buy em.

As everyone else here has said, I highly doubt anyone here is gonna pay $900+ for four copies of a single record at the same time.
Good point...but I've also said many times that I have no problem with keeping the records. I just thought I'd post em up on here and see if I could get any interesting offers. I'd also be willing to do trade or trade/cash...I'm a pretty negotiable, easy to get along with guy.

dude..move on

+1

As everyone else here has said, I highly doubt anyone here is gonna pay $900+ for four copies of a single record at the same time.
I'm a pretty negotiable, easy to get along with guy.

so "pretty negotiable" is refusing to budge from $950

I think the only way you're gonna get that $900+ is if you piece it out. I mean, honestly, how many people have records worth $900 and are willing to let them go. Having a record worth $200 is much more realistic (Deja, Format LPs, etc.) I don't think anyone, no matter how much they like having rare records, are gonna pay $900 to $1000 for four copies of one record. Why not spend $900 on five or ten records? If you wanna sell to a "true Coheed fan", why beat them up on a price that much? I mean, your records, do what you want, but yeah. Just my thoughts.

I think the only way you're gonna get that $900+ is if you piece it out. I mean, honestly, how many people have records worth $900 and are willing to let them go. Having a record worth $200 is much more realistic (Deja, Format LPs, etc.) I don't think anyone, no matter how much they like having rare records, are gonna pay $900 to $1000 for four copies of one record. Why not spend $900 on five or ten records? If you wanna sell to a "true Coheed fan", why beat them up on a price that much? I mean, your records, do what you want, but yeah. Just my thoughts.
I've agreed with every point you've made and you're right. 10 $100 records is better for most people than 4 $225 ones...depending on how badly someone wants a particular record and its variants. I just took a shot at throwing these up here. No pressure on anyone to buy them. I'd definitely talk less cash if I could find someone willing to trade Deja, As Tall As Lions S/T, and/or any of the Coheed records I mentioned earlier.