The Gamits vinyl release mockups, just for fun

For a while I'd had this idea in my head for a vinyl reissue of the Gamits first LP, Endorsed By You, so I threw this mockup together to put in my portfolio, but figured some of you nerds might get as much of a kick out of it as I do.

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE GETTING EXCITED -- This is most certainly not getting repressed. I did this all on my own just for fun, if you can even believe it.

endorsedbyyoulayout.jpg

Antidote mockup:

http://boards.vinylc...n/#entry1177471

A Small Price to Pay mockup:

http://boards.vinylc...n/#entry1294489

Nice work, I'm a big Gamits fan as well. Endorsed By You does pop up on ebay now and again so it's not impossible to find. I'd love to see some of their other releases get the vinyl treatment before this gets a repress like "This Is My Boomstick" and "Small Price To Pay".

No, I agree, definitely would prefer the rest of their catalog gets pressed before this ever would.

A Small Price to Pay is my favorite release, personally.

I tried to buy one from the label directly because they said they still have some but they emailed back and said that they were warped. sucks.

Save an eBay search for it,then you'll be notified when one is up for bidding. Like someone said up above, these can be found on eBay once every blue moon.

Nice work, I'm a big Gamits fan as well. Endorsed By You does pop up on ebay now and again so it's not impossible to find. I'd love to see some of their other releases get the vinyl treatment before this gets a repress like "This Is My Boomstick" and "Small Price To Pay".

No, I agree, definitely would prefer the rest of their catalog gets pressed before this ever would.

"Small Price To Pay" is pure fire. "Reset" is one of their best (if not THE best) Gamits song. They're one of the few bands that I can honestly say I enjoy every single solitary song they've written. Would love to help facilitate a pressing of their back catalog.

"Small Price To Pay" is pure fire. "Reset" is one of their best (if not THE best) Gamits song. They're one of the few bands that I can honestly say I enjoy every single solitary song they've written. Would love to help facilitate a pressing of their back catalog.

Seriously, "Reset" is a fucking perfect pop-punk song. I also consider "Sorry Song," "Open Window" and "Last Of The Mullets" to be in the top-tier of this band's catalog.

Yeah, I'd pledge the shit out of a Kickstarter for Antidote.

They can have whatever amount they want from me, too.

Does Suburban Home still own the rights to this? If this were to ever be released on vinyl, that would seem like a big hurdle to overcome considering the state of the label now.

An "Antidote" pressing needs to happen!!!! I'd even been willing to organize and fund the pressing. As much as I hate to say it though I'd be a little concerned about recouping my expenses in a timely manor? Are there enough vinyl collectors, who are Gamits fans, to turn around a short run pressing in say 6 months? I have no idea!? Thoughts?

An "Antidote" pressing needs to happen!!!! I'd even been willing to organize and fund the pressing. As much as I hate to say it though I'd be a little concerned about recouping my expenses in a timely manor? Are there enough vinyl collectors, who are Gamits fans, to turn around a short run pressing in say 6 months? I have no idea!? Thoughts?

Virgil never pressed it due to lack of interest. That pretty much says it all.

ouch! That was also 8 years ago, granted their hype has died down since then but there's certainly been a big boost in vinyl sales.

ouch! That was also 8 years ago, granted their hype has died down since then but there's certainly been a big boost in vinyl sales.

I asked him about it right before he started up VC and he wanted to but knew it wouldn't sell. Obviously, the vinyl boom didn't change his mind. But later, as I recall, he was actually planning to press it before he went under. But at that point, it was obvious that it was pretty unlikely.

• 5 months later...